What are these?

pip

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well.

Im looking after an FZ6 Fazer (2008) at the mo, when I went to check on it today and moved it and looked on the ground there was a couple small pools of what I think is water (clear and odourless). The garage it is stored in is cold and this was after it had been started and run for a couple of mins (showing 74c) on display. What I did notice is if you can picture the bike pointing nose away from you on the R/H/S is two rubber pipes, one short and one long hanging down from the bottom/side. What are these?

Please provide reassurance for me.......

Pip

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
The rubber tubes are vent lines. Quite possible some moisture has dripped out of one. If the bike has been stored for awhile, and then run for just a little while, you will see some condensation as a result of the combustion process. Same reasons that you see water dripping out of a car's exhaust on a cold day when it first starts up.

Nothing's wrong. :)

pip

Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic! Thanks so much for that, thought I had some explaining to do! Having not completed DAS yet im not an expert. Not used to have rubber hoses hanging down.

Thanks again.