What are the 3 best essential mods for a 2007 FZ6S?

Wombat1940

Have bike, will travel
Reaction score
drop.io
The title says it all. About to take possession of mine (getting off GS500) and it is stock standard except for Oggy knobs. I'm male 68 years old, been riding for 2 years and will be using as a joy, non commuter, country run around.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

frame sliders, power commander, some free breathing pipes...if you want more grunt.

If you want a better tourer- frame sliders, decent luggage rack and cases, and heated grips.

:thumbup:

1. ATGATT:thumbup:
2. Frame sliders:thumbup:
3. Lower cowl:thumbup:
but if you have the cash, why not add.....:rolleyes:
4. Aftermarket pipes of your choice :D
5. K&N air filter:D
6. Power commander:D

The title says it all. About to take possession of mine (getting off GS500) and it is stock standard except for Oggy knobs. I'm male 68 years old, been riding for 2 years and will be using as a joy, non commuter, country run around.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So, I think you're now the oldest rider on the forum, as I had that title but don't turn 68 until June. :surrender: My suggestions are frame sliders, dual headlight mod, and FAZR6 FE.

You can check out my signature to see many other possibilities. They are listed in the order that I actually performed them.

Last edited:
I reckon....

Twisties?

Frame sliders
Axle sliders
Braided lines

Open roads?

Frame sliders
Naked..Screen/ Clad..Luggage
Belly pan

Suburbia?

Frame sliders
Stebel Horn
Louder pipes

Also if it's a new bike, I'd get rid of the OEM tires immediately for almost any application. Just my opinion.

Oh! And something to clean the bugs out of your smile...lol...These bikes are a real joy to ride:D.

Cheers
Mike

I reckon....

Twisties?

Frame sliders
Axle sliders
Braided lines

Open roads?

Frame sliders
Naked..Screen/ Clad..Luggage
Belly pan

Suburbia?

Frame sliders
Stebel Horn
Louder pipes

Also if it's a new bike, I'd get rid of the OEM tires immediately for almost any application. Just my opinion.

Oh! And something to clean the bugs out of your smile...lol...These bikes are a real joy to ride:D.

Cheers
Mike

And if your Mike (Ozzieboy)... a tyre sponsor...he is up to over 13000km's already this year!

:rockon:

1. Dual Headlight Mod
2. Handlebar risers
3. Big fat handlegrips like Grip Puppies

I really disliked my Grip Puppies (for sale if anyone wants em...PM me). I didn't like having 'fat' grips at all....prob due to my girlish like hands.

Again, the 'best' has many implications. Best for look, style, and or function.

I agree with the headlight mod, but grips and risers all depend on the rider's size and preferred riding postion.

There are many different mods listed in this section. I suggest you figure out what you want in a mod (function, performance or style), then figure out how much you want, or are willing to spend on your mods. Things like belly pans and seat cowels are nice, but cost a fair penny and don't really add any performance; all show, no go.

Things like dual headlight mods, signals and pod lights are realtively inexpensive and are both functional and good looking.

Then there are 'big ticket' mods like aftermarket rear sets and and exhaust that give extra performance and some bling value.

Since it is a fairly new bike, I wouldn't start out replacing the brake lines and exhaust system. Make sure you have the best riding gear you can afford for the conditions you ride. Frame sliders are good. A decent service manual, if you are going to do any wrenching yourself. Good tires if yours have more than 5000 miles on them. I would surely get a higher quality seat before an expensive exhaust system. You can add those other things as time goes on to keep the bike fresh. Especially if you plan on keeping it awhile. If you aren't, then don't spend a lot of money on things it doesn't really need. When you are ready to replace the brake fluid, that would be a good time to get SS lines. After a year or two, then get a new exhaust system. It will be like getting a new bike! But get some good use out of the one (exhaust) you got. Unless, of course, you have a willing buyer for the stuff you are replacing.

I've heard different opinions on frame sliders; it seems to come down to quality and realizing that they won't do much at any speed. SO what would be considered quality (and reasonable value) sliders for an FZ6?

(BTW, the TBR pipes that came on mine are a fine mod indeed)

Good gear is the most important thing. Spend the money there first.

Next? Frame sliders.

Then - ????? wait a few weeks and see. For me it was risers, a taller windshield, and a tankbag that came next. It really depends on your specific uses for the bike.

I would agree with what others have said...

1. Great gear
2. Frame sliders
3. Puig wind screen

And - a nice tail bag for the excursions you will be taking. ;)

Back