Well, after 13 years...

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Kick the school's AXX....

i took an 8 year break... Im a dummy and Im 6 months from my masters...
You'll be amazed how different school is now... You're gonna do great!!

If you're worried about english I had a great prof once that told me that no matter the subject try to make the story about yourself... It ends up sounding a lot more conversational... Worked for me...

We should create an area in the forum called "The Fridge" where all of us students can post grades...

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
I went back to school to BECOME a high school teacher, at 48 YEARS OLD !!! I'm a tool and die maker by trade, but GM chose to send my job to China.
You'll do just fine and silence the critics.

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations. The first step is the hardest one. Teaching and learning continue to evolve. The books are better ("Painless Grammer" by Rebecca Elliot) and we now have on-line interactive English instruction. Reading and especially writing will help you master the concepts.

At 49 years of age, I was asked if I'd like to teach middle school and it continues to be the wildest ride of my life!

Carpe deim, ender :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool Steph, you'll knock 'em dead!

I think you find that once you want to accomplish something, instead of having to do something, you will excel at it.

You'll do great! :thumbup:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, first day done! :cheer: My brain is absolutely fried. they want me to concentrate on one subject and have a shot of getting the credit by the time the school closes for the summer (June 24th) and then get cracking on the others in the fall. Seems to be a good idea, other than the one I picked to go at hard is the math... Annuities, compound mortgages, equations and algebra...I could really tell that I hadn't cracked a book in 13 years.
Do you KNOW how hard algebra is when you don't remember the rules???

1 day down, a bunch to go.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, first day done! :cheer: My brain is absolutely fried. they want me to concentrate on one subject and have a shot of getting the credit by the time the school closes for the summer (June 24th) and then get cracking on the others in the fall. Seems to be a good idea, other than the one I picked to go at hard is the math... Annuities, compound mortgages, equations and algebra...I could really tell that I hadn't cracked a book in 13 years.

1 day down, a bunch to go.

If you need help, drop a line.

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
First, I want to say AWESOME job for going back!!! Very proud of you! Go chase your dreams... it's never too late!

Seems to be a good idea, other than the one I picked to go at hard is the math... Annuities, compound mortgages, equations and algebra...I could really tell that I hadn't cracked a book in 13 years.

My wife is an 8th grade math teacher and some of the stuff she teaches them is crazy. So I can only imagine what you're dealing with lol. I loved math when I started college, but shortly after I quickly got sick of it. It may get tough but keep going! :thumbup:

-Taso

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
i was the opposite. I hated calculus until I started to understand it, then I enjoyed it.

First, I want to say AWESOME job for going back!!! Very proud of you! Go chase your dreams... it's never too late!

My wife is an 8th grade math teacher and some of the stuff she teaches them is crazy. So I can only imagine what you're dealing with lol. I loved math when I started college, but shortly after I quickly got sick of it. It may get tough but keep going! :thumbup:

-Taso

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you Steph!

There's nothing to be stressed about. It's not how long you have been away from school; it's whether you're motivated to succeed. I took 4 years off after high school, and started right back up in college with no problem. But I was super motivated to succeed and it worked out.

Good luck, we'll be right here with ya :thumbup:

Travis

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
All i can say is :rtfm:

j/k of course... i've always wanted to have literary discussions and theoretical math discussions with my motorcycle friends

LOL I'm sure all of us would be only way to happy to (corrupt you) help you

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Congratulations! Good for you :thumbup:.

I finally graduated with my BA in Anthropology from UCSB last year at the ripe old age of 42, it is never to late to pursue your goals.