Wanted: Stock FZ6 (or FZ6R) License Plate Light

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
edit: My new friend 99vengeur has taken care of my request. Thanks Robert, you're a great guy!
(For posterity's sake, the original request is retained below.)

If you have a spare stock license plate light left over from when you installed your fender eliminator, I’d be interested in buying it.

In case anyone is interested, the need is due to the following. I recently installed a Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator. I did not install the license plate light that came with it for a couple of reasons: 1) it did not stick out far enough to illuminate the plate over an LED license plate frame that I plan to install, and 2) it just appeared too dim; I did not want to risk drawing law enforcement attention. So, I screwed and tie-wrapped the stock plate light to the Tidy Tail FE. It is probably good enough, and most people would not take a second look, but I am not satisfied. There’s an angled gap between the light and the FE, and it it just doesn’t “flow” right to me. I think I could modify the light to fit and look better, but, if I try and trash it, then I’m stuck. The part costs over $30 from Yamaha, which is a bit much for experimentation purposes. So, if you have one that you don’t need (and don’t want $30 for :)), I could use it, send me a PM with your requested terms.

By the way, the plate light on the FZ6R appears to be identical, so any FZ6R owners that have put on an FE can help if you’d like.

Here’s a crappy picture that shows the gap, sort of:

Last edited: