Waiting on the storm

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
:( People in the NEast watch out. We get Nor'easters that blow 100mph+ every winter:eek: but we dont have metro, centrilized sewer or that many people.A Cat 2 in NY:eek: Im on Ocracoke Island, NC and it looks bad for us but it is normal here. My father-in-law has a nice raised garage for the fz:thumbup: We will make the choice to leave late Thu. Good luck and watch out:thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A raised garage?!?!?! Nice!:thumbup: Being in the Coast Guard I'll be around here in Cape May. Stay safe and roll out early enough to higher ground.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, we are supposed to get hit on Sunday. We are also getting hit with another storm between now and then so I put the bike in my storage unit. Better safe than sorry.

D

Dave.TX

Hope it isn't too bad for ya. I have a good friend in New Bern, NC. He works on the Marine base at Cherry Point with EMT/Fire. I'll be keeping an eye on the storm from the safety of 107 degree days in Texas.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:( People in the NEast watch out. We get Nor'easters that blow 100mph+ every winter:eek: but we dont have metro, centrilized sewer or that many people.A Cat 2 in NY:eek: Im on Ocracoke Island, NC and it looks bad for us but it is normal here. My father-in-law has a nice raised garage for the fz:thumbup: We will make the choice to leave late Thu. Good luck and watch out:thumbup:

Stay safe! I've been through a quite a few of those and had to be out working in one.

I have a lot of family in Jersey. :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope it isn't too bad for ya. I have a good friend in New Bern, NC. He works on the Marine base at Cherry Point with EMT/Fire. I'll be keeping an eye on the storm from the safety of 107 degree days in Texas.

I was in Corpus in '01-'04, went thru a few there.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
When I lived in New Orleans we would have a "Hurricane Party" every time one was coming through our area...hurricane shaped cake and all! :thumbup:

I've been through 7 hurricanes and I'm only 31...it's not that bad...unless it's name is Katrina.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
According to the "european model" this ones supposed to hit us to, obviously not as bad (wind) as when it hits land but still torrential rain... Stay safe down in NC!

I seem to remember last time they said the world was going to end on the East coast due to a hurricaine, didn't it veer off into the middle of the ocean?

Either way, can't be to safe, anybody in it's wake be safe!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me or are all these storms,earthquakes, and other natural and unnatural disasters happening with more frequency and more severity.....the signs are here the end is near

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me or are all these storms,earthquakes, and other natural and unnatural disasters happening with more frequency and more severity.....the signs are here the end is near

The Myans predicted this ages ago.

It likely won't be the end of the world but global changes are coming and already apparent. In the past 15 years of my life I've seen more climate records broken than ever before...record heat, record cold, record drought, record hurricanes, record tornadoes...all occurring with increasing frequency....it's not coincidence. Honestly it's exciting. When will the volcanoes start? :cheer:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site

It likely won't be the end of the world but global changes are coming and already apparent. In the past 15 years of my life I've seen more climate records broken than ever before...record heat, record cold, record drought, record hurricanes, record tornadoes...all occurring with increasing frequency....it's not coincidence. Honestly it's exciting. When will the volcanoes start? :cheer:

Oh ya Ive been super interested In all of the prophecies and what not, I dont know if anything will happen in 2012 but they way things have been going we are leading up to something big sometime soon

D

Dave.TX

Went to the Texas coast last month when TS Bob was getting close. Would've been my first tropical storm but it broke up and fizzled out really quick. Hope Irene doesn't get to a Cat 4 like predicted.

Lived through countless earthquakes growing up in CA. Doesn't matter where you live, you're gonna be affected by something... quakes, tornadoes, hail, hurricanes, nor'easterns, blizzards, whatever.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site

As long as you don't blame it on man made global warming i'll go with it :thumbup:

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Its just going to be a lot of rain in NJ/NY. The winds aren't going to be anything special. I dont think that things have been happening with more frequency, I just think we pay more attention now (kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy thing). Aside from it being warmer than normal--man made global warming and all (I SAID IT! :ban:)-- nothing is out of the norm. The only thing that is happening more frequently is mass hysteria over smaller and smaller things due to 24/7 news cycle.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm ready...for a disappointing rain storm. The fact that I got my bike inside will prevent anything severe from happening. It's kind of the opposite of the rain only falling when I wash the truck.

hurricanebike.jpg

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Frankly all this frigging hype is getting old...bring it..

I had worked 7 days straight cutting trees with an inch of ice on them through the ice storm of I think 97, parts of the state were without power for a week or more, roads closed, stores closed, trees falling every second, sometimes right where we were cutting only seconds before:eek: acre upon acre of trees laid waist. Houses damaged, cars crushed, that was bad.

I hope everyone does prepare as best they can and no one really gets clobbered but I guess we'll see...I would think as it hits land and colder waters it should weaken substantially.

Forces of nature are always fickle....