Visor tip

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know quite where to put this.

Use domestic furniture polish on your visor to improve visibility in wet & misty conditions.

Spray on a few thin coats, allowing to dry between each application (takes a while) then buff with a duster.

Give it a try.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guessing just the outside? Right? I wonder if you done the inside the same way it would help keep the fogging down. Since its gotten colder here I have noticed it is very very easy to fog the visor. Very Aggrivating.

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a thin film of washing up liquid lightly buffed to a polish. used this when i used to race karts. works great but does need to be renewed daily when vcold and condensation builds up.

Have a mate who swears by pinlock but i do not like the way you can see it all in front of you on the visor, especially at night

kvanderploeg

Reaction score
Visit site
I use lemon Pledge on my visors as well as my windshields. Never a problem on the plastics, and the lemon oil breaks up the gunk and bugs really well. A lot cheaper than Plexus as well!

Kent

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
I use lemon Pledge on my visors as well as my windshields. Never a problem on the plastics, and the lemon oil breaks up the gunk and bugs really well. A lot cheaper than Plexus as well!

Kent

+1. The only thing that I don't like about pledge is it tends to get a little foggy when wet. I can live with that as it really does clean well for the $$$, and the bugs come right off when used regularly - learned that from the Hardly Ableson riders :eek: ..... errrr... I meant Harley Davidson riders. :D (BTW I find it works great on black FZ6 wheels too).

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wax it first get a real nice coating then i use the RAIN-EX on the visor. The rain just runs of my visor like it never hit it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guessing just the outside? Right? I wonder if you done the inside the same way it would help keep the fogging down. Since its gotten colder here I have noticed it is very very easy to fog the visor. Very Aggrivating.

Did you say you have the RF-1000? If so, did it come with the breath guard? Mine works great with the breath guard in and the front vent open, even better with the rear vent open. One thing about the guard though? It ONLY works for nasal breathing. If you mouth-breathe, you will fog regardless of what you use on your visor. :D

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a thin film of washing up liquid lightly buffed to a polish. used this when i used to race karts. works great but does need to be renewed daily when vcold and condensation builds up.

I had heard the washing up liquid tip before, never tried it (probably cos of phobia to soap & water:D)

Have a mate who swears by pinlock but i do not like the way you can see it all in front of you on the visor, especially at night

I'm with your mate on this one. My Arai has a factory fitted pinlock. Perhaps it's what you get used to, but I just don't see the insert.

The only issue I have with fogging is if I'm wearing sunglasses at very low speed & mouth breath, the sunnys fog up.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A mate of mine put me onto (MR SHEEN) a furniture polish a few years ago, helmet/bike all of it, and it works a treat, and is so easy to apply.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I wax it first get a real nice coating then i use the RAIN-EX on the visor. The rain just runs of my visor like it never hit it.

I thought you weren't supposed to use Rain-X on plastic so I haven't been using it, but if it's ok then I'll do that as well.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you say you have the RF-1000? If so, did it come with the breath guard? Mine works great with the breath guard in and the front vent open, even better with the rear vent open. One thing about the guard though? It ONLY works for nasal breathing. If you mouth-breathe, you will fog regardless of what you use on your visor. :D
Sorry I didn't see your question yesterday when I was on. I some how missed it. But yes I have the guard in. Also when I breath most the time it is from the mouth. But have at times through my nose and somehow still fog it. I sometimes get how and I can feel the temp going up in the helment even in the colder weather. I wonder if that is hurting me also. I get hot very easily and fast.

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't know quite where to put this either but I'll just post it here. My eyes seem to be very sensitive to bright light. I've not bought a tinted visor because I frequently ride from day into night and don't want to pack an extra visor. Problem is, I've not been able to find sunglasses dark enough for riding into direct sunlight. I went out and bought some cheap tint from Wal-mart and attached a 1.5 inch strip to the top inside of the visor. I had a deadline for a recent trip, so it was a rushed and sloppy job, but it works perfectly! I no longer have any problem riding into the sun. The strip functions like a hat brim most of the time and when the sun is very low and directly ahead, I can just tilt my head down a little to give some extra shading. When the sun goes down there is no need to change visors. I just take off my shades and look straight ahead as there is no tinting directly in front of my eyes. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't know quite where to put this either but I'll just post it here. My eyes seem to be very sensitive to bright light. I've not bought a tinted visor because I frequently ride from day into night and don't want to pack an extra visor. Problem is, I've not been able to find sunglasses dark enough for riding into direct sunlight. I went out and bought some cheap tint from Wal-mart and attached a 1.5 inch strip to the top inside of the visor. I had a deadline for a recent trip, so it was a rushed and sloppy job, but it works perfectly! I no longer have any problem riding into the sun. The strip functions like a hat brim most of the time and when the sun is very low and directly ahead, I can just tilt my head down a little to give some extra shading. When the sun goes down there is no need to change visors. I just take off my shades and look straight ahead as there is no tinting directly in front of my eyes. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Everybody thinks that you need to carry two visors. I use a dark smoke visor during the day, and use clear safety glasses at night. No need to carry two different visors and take the time to swap them out. Nevada law states that you must have some type of eye protection at all time riding a motorcyle, so it's much easier to wear safety glasses at night. During the summer, the desert heat is so intense that your face will get scorched if you don't have some type of tinted visor. A clear visor with sunglasses will just make the ride in he triple digit heat even more miserable.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit of duct tape over the top portion of a clear visor will protect you from most glare, as per Racing Car driver practise. I have a couple of buddies that do this, and swear by it.

Layne5150

Reaction score
Visit site
I use lemon pledge on my bike and visor. Works great on both. It also makes your bike faster by reducing the skin friction of the bike, therefore cutting the overall drag coefficient. Fuel efficiency is also improved.

In theory, a red FZ6 that has had Pledge applied evenly over the entire motorcycle can more closely compete with a non-Pledged blue FZ6 in the areas of acceleration and top end speed.

*This theory has not been tested in the wild nor with a double blind control group. Individual results may vary based on types of Pledge used as the control.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I use lemon pledge on my bike and visor. Works great on both. It also makes your bike faster by reducing the skin friction of the bike, therefore cutting the overall drag coefficient. Fuel efficiency is also improved.

In theory, a red FZ6 that has had Pledge applied evenly over the entire motorcycle can more closely compete with a non-Pledged blue FZ6 in the areas of acceleration and top end speed.

*This theory has not been tested in the wild nor with a double blind control group. Individual results may vary based on types of Pledge used as the control.

It also helps keep the exhaust particles from the black Fazer in front of both bikes from sticking so badly. Therefore making it easier to clean.
:thumbup: