Video of ride to Big Bear

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvkpvTcBEh4"]YouTube - Ride to Big Bear 6/7/08[/ame]

I have another few minutes of spirited twisties with Cali_Rider leading, up to where the road was blocked due to the Harley dude that crashed... It also includes the little scare when Cali_Rider hit a big rock while slightly leaned over... I`ll post that one up tomorrow.

:cheer:

J

jsteinb95

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, finally! :thumbup: Which way did you go to get up there?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the video of the last few minutes before arriving at the scene of the accident... You`ll see Cali_Rider hit a rock there about half way through on his R1... scary moment!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21TTz2ijJT0"]YouTube - Big Bear Ride - 6/7/08[/ame]

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to Big Bear a coupla yrs. ago (in a car) & it was really nice.
Glad the rock incident was not an incident! :eek:
I only saw your friend wave to others one time in the whole vid - course I didn't see them wave either & there were a lotta twisties.
Thx for the vids.
:D

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
Kool vids man

what would u say ur average speed up ther was when u got a clear road?

just trying to get a feel for the speed in the vid

I could feel what was going through cali-r's mind when he was trying to work out what had happened

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vids. I have rode big bear many times, And do not like that road for putting the hammer down. the road just looks slippery. Try idllwild or palomar next time and see what you think.:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Kool vids man

what would u say ur average speed up ther was when u got a clear road?

just trying to get a feel for the speed in the vid

I could feel what was going through cali-r's mind when he was trying to work out what had happened

Thanks :) When we were on the double lane highway, we were opening a little more... I would say 60-70mph.

That rock actually bent Cali-r's front rim... almost $200 to get it fixed! It could have been way worse so I think we were all happy it was just a bent rim.

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the video of the last few minutes before arriving at the scene of the accident... You`ll see Cali_Rider hit a rock there about half way through on his R1... scary moment!

Cali_Rider runs great street lines...I love it. :thumbup:

:eek: The rock was not moving before hand? View/concentration of/on the road was compromised by the cruiser rider in front? Looked like a good size rock!!!

LOL at Wavex immediately using the shoulder to pass the cages :Flash:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I don`t f around hehehe

Cali_Rider (John) and Ducksridingbikes saw the rock come down from the side of the mountain onto the road, just before Cali_r hit it...

John did mention that he may have been able to avoid it without the cruiser in the front blocking the view.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Just went to Big Bear yesterday for the first time with my bro and a buddy. Awesome drive! Very fun. About the dent in the rim, i have a question: My bro just got a used 2002 ZX6R and the front rim is bent, its not too bad but noticable visually, does it need to be fixed or not? He didnt seem to notice any wobble or vibration the whole trip. What say ye?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Tell him to get it fixed, because it's not worth taking a risk...

Even though chances are nothing will ever happen, you can never tell for sure. The bend may get worse... the tire profile may be slightly changed... he may have a small wobble that he can`t feel... etc etc... an unbalanced wheel is no good for an SS bike.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
one day I hope to ride that good.............
got a question for ya, the first video:
Rage Against the Machine & Star Wars
second video: Jimi Hendrix,
but who was the second soundtrack? Loved it!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
The game was in the other thread babe :D

Just kidding... you have good tastes in music!

That second song is "St Germain en-Laye", title of the track is "Deep in It". If you like that type of deep jazzy house music, St Germain is awesome.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Just went to Big Bear yesterday for the first time with my bro and a buddy. Awesome drive! Very fun. About the dent in the rim, i have a question: My bro just got a used 2002 ZX6R and the front rim is bent, its not too bad but noticable visually, does it need to be fixed or not? He didnt seem to notice any wobble or vibration the whole trip. What say ye?

Getting it fixed or not is a decision to be made based on confidence in the repair shop and your financial situation. For reference I took my wheels here:
http://www.drjohnsmfs.com/

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The game was in the other thread babe :D

Just kidding... you have good tastes in music!

That second song is "St Germain en-Laye", title of the track is "Deep in It". If you like that type of deep jazzy house music, St Germain is awesome.

WOW, i-tunes sucks at this game, they had six songs by St. Germain :( and not the one you mentioned
but thank you for the info, I just need to look elsewhere for it.

Last edited: