Vibration

toasterboy85

Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed that recently I am getting a lot of vibrations throughout the RPMs. Mostly in the 3-5K in first, second, and third gear. I am new to riding and got a 2007 fz6 with 500 miles!!! Changed the oil w full synthetic last month, and no power mods, bike is mechanically stock. Also does everyone have a big clunk when shifting to first gear?

toasterboy85

Reaction score
Visit site
3 min reply!!! Wow... I have looked through the forum and seems that syncing throttle bodies might help, but would it do anything (need for adjustment) since miles are so low (not broken in)?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doubt it'll help much. As mentioned, both the 1st gear clunk and vibration is normal. There are several mods you can do to dampen handlebar vibes, but it'll never be totally smooth.
It's not a problem though.. it's a feature :D

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
3 min reply!!! Wow... I have looked through the forum and seems that syncing throttle bodies might help, but would it do anything (need for adjustment) since miles are so low (not broken in)?

I wouldn't think it would need it so soon but it could be off some...

Syncing the throttle bodies wouldn't hurt. Factory spec's, give +/-10mm difference between the cylinders. Most mechanics will get it within spec and stop. I got mine with 3mm or so of each other (of course spending more time than they would have) but its very smooth for an in-line 4.. I had very annoying vibrations thru the seat at about 4k. I sync'ed it both at idle and re-checked/adjusted at 4k RPM's. That got rid of 85% of the annoying vibration.

Being the bike is an 07 its obviously sat quite a bit. Its harder to gum up a FI system but I'd run some Seafoam thru the fuel system and get it good and clean. Get fresh fuel in there and run it....

Also, if you hold in the clutch lever for a couple of seconds before shifting into first will lessen the clunk. It gives the transmission a chance to stop spinning (Clutch engaged , even in neutral, both main transmission shafts are rotating).

"Spencers" can fix the seat as well for under $100: http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php . He does excellent work, very fast too.
Congrates and safe riding....

Last edited: