USPS Rant!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sooo.. I bought a new caliper and made sure it was within a day or so for delivery.. the person i bought it from was in central PA and i am in central CT.. about 2 days to ship.. but our wonderful postal service for some reason thinks that it needs to take longer.. I love the fact that the package has been sitting in Springfield (north about 1/2 hour) since 9.30 am yesterday, but god forbid that it be delivered today. I guess "priority mail" means whenever we feel like it. and they wonder why they are losing business and losing business left and right... boy my junk mail was sure there though.. have to make sure all the coupons and the rest of the advertisments make it.. rant over...

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
sooo.. I bought a new caliper and made sure it was within a day or so for delivery.. the person i bought it from was in central PA and i am in central CT.. about 2 days to ship.. but our wonderful postal service for some reason thinks that it needs to take longer.. I love the fact that the package has been sitting in Springfield (north about 1/2 hour) since 9.30 am yesterday, but god forbid that it be delivered today. I guess "priority mail" means whenever we feel like it. and they wonder why they are losing business and losing business left and right... boy my junk mail was sure there though.. have to make sure all the coupons and the rest of the advertisments make it.. rant over...

Exactly why I make every effort to ship by UPS or FedEx for things I want by a certain date...because if they are late, I get my shipping refunded. USPS doesn't guarantee delivery times/dates on anything except their most outrageously priced Express Mail. :spank:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a pair of shorts from Washington state on Monday PM. I opted to go with first class (not priority) as I am Scottish. They were delivered yesterday in Texas !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O.M.G. - junk mail. DON'T get me started.

I previously attempted to get the post office to remove me from unsolicited bulk mail delivery. I was not successful. :(

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just sucks.. they even said the expected date was today.. hopefully work will be super dead tomorrow so i can get out an extra hour early and hopefully be able to swap the caliper in under an hour...

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
I have so many ups/fedex/usps horror stories. Shipping stuff can really suck sometimes.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Especially when you really need it and we're counting on it.. Crazy that it's that expensive and still junk service at times

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it wasn't for junk mail and netflix, the post office would be in even worse shape financially than it already is.

Also, it's against the law to tamper with someone's mail whether they want you to or not. If you want some retribution, mail back every piece of business reply mail with as much shredded paper as you can fit in it.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. believe me i know my tax dollars are hard at work :rolleyes:

well now it says that the package has left springfield around midnight.. what do we think the chances are that i get this around noon time (normal mail delivery)??? im sorry,.. i know there are hard working people with the post office, but seriously, 4 days on something that takes ups and fedex 2 days..

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Back in uni my flatmate partially burned some junk mail and taped it to the front door with a sign 'This is what happens to junk mail.. do not bother'... Worked for a few days... :)

Id really like to see a letterbox that has a scanner and a shredder incorporated...every piece of mail gets scanned as it is pushed through; if it is addressed by name, fine, if not, it gets shredded and spat back out... :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. believe me i know my tax dollars are hard at work :rolleyes:

well now it says that the package has left springfield around midnight.. what do we think the chances are that i get this around noon time (normal mail delivery)??? im sorry,.. i know there are hard working people with the post office, but seriously, 4 days on something that takes ups and fedex 2 days..
Why did you choose USPS? or wasn't there another option?
Nelly

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
In my personal experience, USPS is always cheaper and easier than UPS or Fedex. I usually don't spring for more expensive postage, because the usual speed is better than expected. Also, I don't believe that they operate with tax-payer money. I feel your pain, OP. It stinks when it takes too long, but at least there is a new, improved tracking feature on their website! :)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
You fail to realize that there may have been a chiuhuahua in somebody's front yard causing a huge backlog with USPS. These dogs are vicious and not to be messed with. You may wonder, "Well, what does that have to do with me expecting to get "Priority Mail" on a timely basis?" You don't know, it may have been necessary for USPS to call in SWAT to defuse the situation. These types of situations have a ripple effect on the whole system. The next time you're in a USPS branch waiting for over an hour while one person behind the counter seems to not give a rat's ass how about your pathetic life, consider that these workers have to deal with more important things than some stupid "Priority Mail" shipping that you paid for.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All is good.. New caliper is here and going to put it on now.. Hopefully it won't eat into the time I would like to leave by!!!

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, I don't believe that they operate with tax-payer money.

I believe you are partially correct. The USPS is an independent agency operating on behalf of the US Government. While they do not directly receive much funding from the US Govt, they receive other perks related to registering vehicles, subsidized loans, etc.

The USPS has been operating in the red for the last several years, due to the fact that they cannot remain competitive in the world of UPS/FedEx and email/instant electronic communication. In their most recent quarterly financial statement, the USPS posted a loss of over $3 billion--in one fiscal quarter!! :jawdrop:

Without drastic administrative changes, the USPS cannot survive. (Not without a massive influx of cash from the US Government, anyway.) I say, let it die. (Which is also what I said before the US Government bailed out GM.) :spank: