Uphill or downhill

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
so yesturday i went on a long twisty road,but there were more uphill turns then downhill just wondering which do you guys like more down hill twisties or uphill twisties and which are harder for you,i havent done any down hill yet but i think its gonna be a little more interesting with gravity pulling me down

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I like uphill twisties better than downhill for the simple fact that I'm already accelerating up the hill and to continue that acceleration in a turn is a lot better than braking while going downhill and in the turn.

This would be a good poll :)

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Uphill, less chance of entering too quick and dying hehe. Hate having to pull the brake going downhill round corners :eek:

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Uphill is definitely more fun than downhill, but I prefer flat more than anything. On uphills I always feel like I'm more prone to throw my back-end out :D Just being paranoid I'm sure...

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a good reason we usually like uphill benders, it has to do with ideal weight distribution.
The bike's suspension is happiest when it's a 40/60. On normal turns you use the throttle to get the distribution, but when riding uphill you are much closer to it already.
One small word of caution, which I just learned yesterday. On a tight radius turn and uphill, your clearance is reduced. So while you may think you have more lean angle left, you may not and scrape some parts.