Un-Shaved my Seat

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, metaphorically....

I'm the 3rd owner of my bike. The 2nd owner was a bit height challenged so he sent the seat off to a custom shop who shaved it down, perhaps as much as 2". I'm a bit taller and wanted to have less bend in my knees so I found a lightly used seat on eBay for a good price.

Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

I like the change and also feel I have more freedom to move forward andback in the seat. I'll be offering the shaved seat for sale shortly.

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
The "custom" shop did a terrible job. All wrinkled looking... Mine looked 100x better and all I had was a knife and an industrial stapler. Lol.

Ok, ok, and a sander. :)

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The "custom" shop did a terrible job. All wrinkled looking... Mine looked 100x better and all I had was a knife and an industrial stapler. Lol.

Ok, ok, and a sander. :)

Agreed, it didn't come out very professional-looking. I saw the pics you posted from when you shaved you seat and the result looked very well done.

But honestly, I think the flash made the surface of the seat look far worse that it looks under usual conditions. I could feel the bumps under the cover, but I never noticed any bumps based on standing next to the bike, or from other photos. Still, I would have expected a custom shop to have gone to the nines. They did use a LOT of staples. :D

FZSizzle

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, metaphorically....

I'm the 3rd owner of my bike. The 2nd owner was a bit height challenged so he sent the seat off to a custom shop who shaved it down, perhaps as much as 2". I'm a bit taller and wanted to have less bend in my knees so I found a lightly used seat on eBay for a good price.

Before:

picture.php

After:

picture.php

I like the change and also feel I have more freedom to move forward andback in the seat. I'll be offering the shaved seat for sale shortly.

Please let me know when/if you are selling the shaved one. I have been pondering shaving mine just haven't got the heart (balls) to do mine. As I too am long leg challenged!

Love riding my FZ6!