Tyre recommendations

I've got pirrelli diablo rosso's on. comute every day, track day at eastern creek plus hitting the twisties at the weekends and they are doing fine at everything. havn't ridden on the powers so I can't compare them sorry.
Have you been lurking all year Circle?

Benj, you know from the other forum ive been running Pilot Power F/Pilot Road 2 R for 8-10 months now. Bloody brilliant, way better than the OEM Bridgie 020's.

Even though I love the Michie's, mite give Pirelli's a run next time.

Just to keep things interesting I will throw in another tyre.

Fitted a set of Metzler Sportec M3s bout 4000k ago. Mostly commuting so far but im happy with the wear & feel of the tyres so far. Really haven't had a chance to hit the twistys & give em a proper test yet, however im looking forward to it.

Have had my Conti Sport Attack's on for 500km's now....have not gone super hard on them yet, but from the way they felt on the Putty Road the other day...they seem to be very similar to the Pilot Power's in terms of grip....they also heat up very quickly...but they dont tip in quite as quickly as the Michelins....not adversely so, just not quite as high in the centre of the tyre as the Michelin fronts.

front feels better, the harder you go, and the rear doesnt slide about, excellent side grip at each end...

Will have a better idea of how they go in warmer weather, in sport mode, once i can get a couple more decent rides under my belt...has been hard lately....kids keeping me off the road!

:thumbup:

Is it just me or do the OEM tyres give almost a 'floating' sensation (not very confidence inspiring to say the least) I never feel like they are really 'stuck' to the ground, especially at lower speeds, whereas on my 250 the tyres the workshop put on them where absolutely awesome, I did long trips in the rain and felt like I could have ridden along vertical surfaces the grip was just that good.
The OEM also LOVE not gripping when I use the rear brake more than sparingly, allowing the back wheel to lock up and slide, obviously I haven't had my bike long and it was an 08 but I kinda thought new tyres would be a little bit better! It feels like all that time sitting there screwed the rubber or something... possible?

You could also consider the BT-016s... I have also used the Pilot Power 2CTs and liked them a lot. However, I also ran the Storm STs and didn't really care that much for them...

It really is a matter of riding style and desired characteritics you are looking for. Try to access your riding style and look at what the tire is targeted at doing well. Do you want a all out sport tire, a part time track day tire, sport touring tire, etc.?

I think one really needs to try a few differnt tires for oneself in a given desired class and see what you like the best. Most current tires considered appropriate for the FZ will be decent enough. The OEM tires are not great and almost any replacement, including the ones mentioned in the thread so far, will be an excellent improvements IMHO...

Good luck.

yeah.

I think its time for some new ones..

DSC00391.jpg

September 1st would be the time to buy a pair of Michie Pilot Powers.

Dont know if anyone else has seen the add, in one of the Auzzie bike mags there is a competition to win your dream bike (up to $17,000)

I recently purchased the Dunlop D616 for all around riding. I use the FZ6 as a commuter/ touring bike. It is excellent in all conditions so far. It almost reminds me of a hybrid adventure tire with a Z speed rating..... Great off road! I love em' after 1200mi. and it looks like they may last a while... Good luck with whatever tire you choose...
View attachment 20996

View attachment 20997

yeah I know its steep.

where I bought my bike from wanted roughly the same, and that included a store discount on the purchase.
so I took it to my normals guys.

So have you got the new rubber yet Ben....if so, what do you think???

:thumbup:

I've got pirrelli diablo rosso's on. comute every day, track day at eastern creek plus hitting the twisties at the weekends and they are doing fine at everything. havn't ridden on the powers so I can't compare them sorry.
Have you been lurking all year Circle?
Hi Dantow,
Yeah, waiting in the shadows eh!
About the diablos, couple of weeks on, and daily 1hr round commute, they are great!
After perusing the forum again, I jumped back on the dealers website and its still being offered.
First set I've ever paid for so I'm a bit of a tyre novice but I very pleased with them.

Thats not a very good review :p
When I got my tyres changed on my first bike whatever they put on for me at my local mechanic was a MASSIVE upgrade. The grip was amazing. Will have to check what they where and if something of a similar quality is available for the FZ6 since these factory tyres are utter **** imo.

hmmmmmmmmm

I am still unsure about them...
I dont think I ride hard enough to really know if they are good or not.
I think they have less "feel" than the dunlops that were on there, but they were soft as.

That's a bummer. Found them to be a huge improvement over the OEM's, but mine came with Bridgestone 020's.

Back