Tyre prices

xjokux

Reaction score
Visit site
Q2 I hope!

Pretty sure cause he mention the new one that's out? and I was like yea.. that one

I'll call them again tomorrow.

Bone

Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Tyre Pair - Bikebiz - New & Used Yamaha Kawasaki Aprilia Motorcycles, Motorbike Parts & Accessories
Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyre pair for $350 plus $8 shipping (ordered on sat and received on wed)
Both fitted for $40 ;)
Total fitted $398.... very happy
diablo-rosso__11497_std.jpg

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Lord that's expensive in American dollars. I'll never pay over $200/set here in the states.

If I remember right Bone the rosso is an older model tire(still a good one) might be why they were $200 off. Good luck with them I liked them when I tried them.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lord that's expensive in American dollars. I'll never pay over $200/set here in the states.

If I remember right Bone the rosso is an older model tire(still a good one) might be why they were $200 off. Good luck with them I liked them when I tried them.
No, dates on the tyres are recent. They're not old stock.

We pay a lot in Aus for tyres - I had to pay over $500 for a pair of Z8 Interacts on my FZ6. I'm in Perth - most isolated city in the world - the Eastern States of Aus pay a bit less than I do :(

BTW, US and AUS $ are pretty much the same at the moment

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
No, dates on the tyres are recent. They're not old stock.

We pay a lot in Aus for tyres - I had to pay over $500 for a pair of Z8 Interacts on my FZ6. I'm in Perth - most isolated city in the world - the Eastern States of Aus pay a bit less than I do :(

BTW, US and AUS $ are pretty much the same at the moment

Wasn't saying they were old stock but simply an older design that is still in production. Non the less it's still a great tire and it will grip any road you throw at it.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wasn't saying they were old stock but simply an older design that is still in production. Non the less it's still a great tire and it will grip any road you throw at it.
Mike tested out the tyres on Friday - he's happy. No problems at all.

:thumbup:

xjokux

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to follow up on these I'm pretty happy with the Q2 on the fronts. :rockon:

I'm due for a rear one soon.

Are these tires soft compound rubber? I'm only asking because Im doing alot of highway straight and its wearing in the middle of the wheel. I try to lean as much as I can when I can but on a daily work basis I have much turning on the route.

Would getting a non matching tyre effect overall handling? Cause I was thinking a harder compound on the centre and softer on the sides for durability.

CanberraFZ6Nrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I just fitted Pirelli Angel ST front and back...pruchased in Canberra ACT for $483 fitted at Canberra Motorcycles....seem to have tons of grip and have improved the handling of my 2008 FZ6N.

Would reccommend them...:Flash:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to follow up on these I'm pretty happy with the Q2 on the fronts. :rockon:

I'm due for a rear one soon.

Are these tires soft compound rubber? I'm only asking because Im doing alot of highway straight and its wearing in the middle of the wheel. I try to lean as much as I can when I can but on a daily work basis I have much turning on the route.

Would getting a non matching tyre effect overall handling? Cause I was thinking a harder compound on the centre and softer on the sides for durability.

I have Q2's on my TRX850....great tyre, tons of grip. The Q2's are a dual compound tyre, with a harder centre, but the Q2 is a performance tyre, in other words, soft and sticky on the sides.

I run mine at low pressures, (29psi front /31psi rear) cause i like to get them hot for sports riding...as that is all i do on the bike, and as such, have only got about 3000km's out of the Tyres.

I reckon if i ran them at pressures of 36PSI front/39PSI rear, i would get at least 6000-7000km's out of these tyres.

If you get a non matching tyre, make sure the rear tyre is a harder compound than the front, otherwise, you will find the back will push the front of the bike...

Also running mismatched tyres, might mean you are running tyres with a different shape, and as such, the bike might start handling a bit weird, when things get "sporty".

:thumbup: