Tyre prices

xjokux

Reaction score
Visit site
Im really due for a new front tyre before they become slicks lol

I've rang up a mob near work bk performance got quoted $260 fitted for bridgestone BT016

Is that decent? Im not sure what the price range goes for bikes services.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure where your located but i could buy front and rear mounted and balanced for that price so no your getting riped off. Plus please for the love of god do not put a bridgestone back on your bike you will be much happier with anything else. The best bang for your buck tire would be the shinko 009s (raven) or the shinko 005s? (Advance) way cheeper the bridgstone and.way better quality or spend a few more bucks and get the pr2s....anything but bridgstone

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Try calling a couple more shops in your area to compare. Doesn't matter what other people pay if they are nowhere near you.

And the BT-016 is a really good tire.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'd expect 150-190 $AUS to be more reasonable, but i don't know what rubber prices are like down under :D

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Look into the Dunlop Sportsmart which is my first choice if your in Australia Or even the Dunlop Q2 (not Qualifier II, Just Q2) which you may or may not have there and thats my second choice.

And yes thats alot for one front mounted and balanced.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure where your located but i could buy front and rear mounted and balanced for that price so no your getting riped off. Plus please for the love of god do not put a bridgestone back on your bike you will be much happier with anything else. The best bang for your buck tire would be the shinko 009s (raven) or the shinko 005s? (Advance) way cheeper the bridgstone and.way better quality or spend a few more bucks and get the pr2s....anything but bridgstone

Hey ChevyFazer,

I'm about to pull the trigger on new tires, and everywhere I look for installation of tires I buy online wants $45-$50 per tire. Where do you go to get yours?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it is reccomended but if you do choose to switch brands there is nothing amatter with having brand x up front until the rear is ready to be replaced then putting brand x on the rear as well

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Recommended? Yes. Will you be fine? Yes.

I'm running a PP2 Front and a bridgestone 003 rear right now. They have different characrisitcs and I just remember that. On the street you'd be fine. As far as liability if something did happen IDK. But I even know guys that run different brand Race tires and they do fine.

When it comes down to it, it's your personal preference. Kinda like "is it ok to plug/patch a motorcycle tire?"

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I look online for the best price for the tire i want to run and install them myself, the last tires i bought from tireexpress

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey ChevyFazer,

I'm about to pull the trigger on new tires, and everywhere I look for installation of tires I buy online wants $45-$50 per tire. Where do you go to get yours?

Thanks.

Also there is a great little shop right off thorton rd about a mile down from metro cycles, if you buy tires from.them its free.mount and.ballance. or if you bring them tires and bike 25 for mount and balanced. The shop use to be called highside but one of the employees just bought it not to long ago and changed the name and i cant remember right off hand.

xjokux

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright - cause the rear is pretty fresh when bought.

The tyre itself was $230 and rest for labor. So what would be good for daily riding and days where u feel like a racer.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im really due for a new front tyre before they become slicks lol

I've rang up a mob near work bk performance got quoted $260 fitted for bridgestone BT016

Is that decent? Im not sure what the price range goes for bikes services.

Mate , these guys will give you the best price in Brisbane & they are well worth the few extra K's to get them :thumbup: Two Wheel Tyres - Motorcycles, Parts, Accessories, Servicing

I use them everytime & then when the tyres are fitted you have SYC & Mt Glorious to scrub them in on the way home :D :rockon:

xjokux

Reaction score
Visit site

xjokux

Reaction score
Visit site
so a got a price at team moto who have a rep for being expensive happens to be alot cheaper

BT016 $180 fitted
Dunlops Q2 $190 fitted

I'll go with the Q2 and see how they go for something different.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I know most "good" shops in the states mount and balance the tire for free if you purchase the tire from.them so those prices still seem high to me but there is also 1000s of miles between us too, still cheeper then your first place though

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem is that here in Aus we pay a premium price for when our dollar was worth practically nothing (like 60-70 us cents).
Also with a much smaller market its hard to find a shop that fits them for free and has competitive prices, its either good pricing, with a major charge for fitting or pretty expensive prices.

The old shop I used to visit that closed down did it for free, but were absolute legends.

Team moto I have found to be pretty good, its always worth asking for a deal.