Two year ride report

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have had my M license now for 2 years and the FZ6 for two years now so time for another ride report.

The first year's ride report had a lot of riding philosphy in it but this year it has been boiled down to:

Know your limits
It is better to be safe than fast
ATGATT

Riders who don't follow the above scare the crap out of me.

This past year has been focused a lot more on learning about and maintaining my bike (and thanks to everyone for all the cyber assistance). My bike has only had shop work on it twice: the initial frame sliders put on before I took it home and the new rubber that was just put on. To date I have accomplished the following modifications and maintenance tasks myself:
Oil changes
Coolant change
Changing spark plugs
Replacing air filter
Battery replacement
Hot wiring the kill switch (soon to be replaced)
Drained my wife's VStar fuel tank
R6 fork mod
BD43 headlight mod
Shad rack and brake light install
2bros install
pod light install
Soon to come rear set replacement

None of that is really all that impressive compared to the work others have done but I think it is great that the FZ6 (and this forum) allows riders who have never worked around bikes before to do this kind of work easily. When I switch bikes in a few years being able to easily maintain the bike myself, without a garage, will have to be a requirement.

Now that it has been two years and I have over 16,000 miles under my belt I feel that I can comfortably and safely operate a motorcycle. However I do know that I need a lot of work to become a better rider and that will be my goal for this next year. I need to work on safely increasing my limits. Although I will never ride it to the rims being able to may save my life one day so more practice, more reading, and more leaning.

Thanks to everyone on the forum and be safe, have fun, and change your own oil :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Know your limits
It is better to be safe than fast
ATGATT

Riders who don't follow the above scare the crap out of me.

Coming home yesterday....I was going 50 in a 45, these 2 :)squid:) young men pass me doing at least 65+. Their shirts were almost flying above thier heads (future skin graph recipients)!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Coming home yesterday....I was going 50 in a 45, these 2 :)squid:) young men pass me doing at least 65+. Their shirts were almost flying above thier heads (future skin graph recipients)!

There is far too much skin in the world. These brave souls do well to rid the world of this unnecessary evil.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Great report. Nice to see you know that you are still learning. I've been riding 4 years now and I still read and study..

And not a bad list of work on the bike. :) Nothing to appoligize for there. I've been putting off doing the stearing head bearing so long I'm starting to get ashamed.