Two Brothers v. Leo Vince

bjohn913

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel i first need to apologize since there are tons of threads like this out there, but I just couldn't find the answer I was looking for so here we go...
A few weeks ago I got backed into by a semi. Thankfully the bike was parked, and I was only 10 feet away when it happened so I was able to scream for the guy to stop before he totally ran it over. So my bike got knocked over, just some scratches and scuffs, nothing major, but the end cap on my Leos got scratched and luckily for me, that means the insurance company is buying me a whole new exhaust system!:D

So here's my question..Has anyone either had or just heard what an fz6 sounds like with Leos and Two Bros? I had originally gotten the Leos because I couldn't afford Two Bros, but this seems like a good time to switch things up if I wanted to. I love the look of Two Bros but I also loved the sound of my Leos and I think I'm a little afraid of changing it up without some input. Any thoughts??

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Try going to youtube and look for videos with either exhaust installed and then compare. I've personally heard the Leos and they sound awesome. From what I can gather without the DB killers, the 2 Bros are a little louder, but I also think they look better. Ultimately, it's up to you, mate.

bjohn913

Reaction score
Visit site
Try going to youtube and look for videos with either exhaust installed and then compare. I've personally heard the Leos and they sound awesome. From what I can gather without the DB killers, the 2 Bros are a little louder, but I also think they look better. Ultimately, it's up to you, mate.

Oh believe me I have spent tons of time since the day I first got my bike looking up different exhaust on youtube, the problem is the quality is pretty crappy. I pretty much feel louder is better, at least for me. and you're definitely right about 2 Bros looking better

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can personally attest to the awesomeness of the Leo Vinces. I put them on a couple of months ago and they absolutely kick ass.

I have heard similar praise about the 2 Bros. I think you really can't go wrong with either one. Either will be insanely louder than stock. I have the Db killers in mine and they are still loud enough that I feel somewhat guilty in the mornings when I fire it up to warm up and leave for work (whenever I actually ride in).

I think they both sound awesome. It comes down to finances and personal preference on the looks.

bjohn913

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard that 2Bros cans will eventually need repacking. Anyone know how often that needs to be done? And do they make a cat-delete pipe as well? I loved how my Leos came with one

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the sound of the LV's. I've always had 2Bros and really like them. 2Bros recommend repacking every so often. If you like your LV's stay with them. They are a great sounding exhaust, You really cant tell the difference in loudness from online videos although you might get an idea of the tone. Best is to hear them live.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard that 2Bros cans will eventually need repacking. Anyone know how often that needs to be done? And do they make a cat-delete pipe as well? I loved how my Leos came with one

I repacked mine - not sure the mileage as they were 2nd hand but the packing was toast (literally). Not a hard job - just drill out the rivets, take them apart, remove the old packing, wrap new packing and tape in place, rebuild with new rivets. The cans are a little bit oval in shape so getting the packing to fit well is a bit of a trick, but really not difficult.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Leo Vince gets my vote. I like that they include a cat pipe and db killers and you can use whatever fender elim kit you want or even keep the stock fender. With the db killers installed they still sound very nice albeit not as growling as without. I know the 2 bros are a popular choice. It's just a matter of what you like better. If insurance is springing for new this might be the time to get the more expensive 2 bros then you will know first hand which one you like better. Resale on the 2 bros would be enough to buy new Leo's.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are my two choices. I can't wait until this winter to do the mod. !
Be sure and keep us posted as to which you choose. :iconbeer:

bjohn913

Reaction score
Visit site
Ended up going with the Leos again, mostly because of price. Being in college and all I couldn't justify spending more on 2Bros when my Leos were just fine. I let a buddy of mine take my bike for a spin a few days ago because I wanted to hear what other people hear when I fly past them haha:D and all I have to say is holy cow! I gotta say it got me pretty pumped up, not to mention I loved that I could still hear him getting on it 4 blocks up the road