Two Brothers-Take the edge off!

Toyo5

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always loved my Two Brothers Exhaust System.....but at times it gets a little Raspy and has always backfired deaccelerating.....taking a cue from another member, I fashioned two aluminum disks as shown in Pic's.
the beautiful throaty sound is untouched, but the Rasp and Back firing are gone. May be wrong, but I think just bit of back pressure Has helped overall.
She runs and sounds like a champ!

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you just fab them up and put them behind the rear cover? Did you use any exact plans? I've always been concerned about the "ricey" sound aftermarket exhausts can create and I'd love to get a good, cheap, solution. Can you post a vid with the sound?

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for the vid request. I'm curious to hear how she sounds since I have TB cans as well. I got the P1 tips I see on yours as well since I thought they were stinkin loud at first. I found they only deepened the tone just a tad. I have since some to love them, but still curious as to your result :)

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Very nice, well done, and your right about the back pressure , in the 70's Yoshsimura came out with a can that had a stack of waffers at the end , one could remove what they wanted but leave enough to create a little back pressure to snub burps and pops....worked very well...Daryl

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Way cool! I have TBR's and there are times I wish they weren't as loud but I never really get on it in populated areas. Since I've dyno'd the bike I probably won't do this great mod. From articles I've read and my own experience, power will change when you open the exhaust and you'll lose low rpm torque without retuning. So I think you're going to like the results.

Very Cool!

Cliff

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice, well done, and your right about the back pressure , in the 70's Yoshsimura came out with a can that had a stack of waffers at the end , one could remove what they wanted but leave enough to create a little back pressure to snub burps and pops....worked very well...Daryl

What the heck.....i like the burps and pops

Toyo5

Reaction score
Visit site
I used some Aluminum Sheet I had laying around...thickness you use isn't that important, mine is around .030...Used one of the P1 Silencers (never thought they made a damn bit of difference...but look coool) to scribe my size, then using good old tin snips, cut just inside the circle...then used my favorite Harbor Freight Large Hole Punch Kit for the big center hole, then the hand held squeeze punch for the outer small holes....a little light sanding and a shot of High Heat Black. P1's go on top then the magnesium end pieces.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4cJ56ANWpY[/ame]

Last edited:

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I read somewhere on here that someone cut out some holes from a sheet of screen and popped them behind the P1 power tips and that cut down on the roar a bit. Now of course I am at work, not doing work, and trying to find that thread. Cannot find it to save my life now. Has anyone tried that and had any success? Just thought I would monkey with the sound a bit, and not being mechanically inclined whatsoever, looking so see if that would indeed work.

Maosterz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi bros, just got my 2 brothers exhaust.

Do you do anything to mid pipe or just slip it on to the stock?

Thanks.