Two Brothers Question

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got two questions about the well known two brothers exhaust. First off I'm an uber noob when it comes to this sorta thing and I did try to search the forum for answers to my questions first.... Anyway, do the aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium cans all have the same quality of sound? Loudness, tone, etc. Also, is it a necessity to get a device to modify the fuel air mixture of your bike (i.e. two bros juice box, or pcIII) if you install the two bros cans?

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I can only speak for the CF pipes. They're plenty loud. I love the growl at idle and say below 5k. That's what sold me on them. I didn't install a PC but I am concerned if I did install an aftermarket air filter it would lean it out too much. Other guys have done both w/out the PC IIRC. I will most likely hold off on deciding about the air filter until the original needs replacing instead of just cleaning. Hope that helps some :)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Not sure about the different materials casuing a change in sounds/tone. I supposed there might be a slight difference in the tone or pitch, but the volume should be the same. I really don't think it is something that is much of an issues as I've never heard anyone being concerned about the material causing a drastic change in sound.

I've been running my TB Carbons for a year now with NO Power Commander or Juice Box of any kind. You don't HAVE to use one to have these pipes on your bike. I've addressed this very issue several times in other threads. If you also modded your air box, had a K&N filter and removed your CAT pipe, then you would probably need one. My bike has been running fine ever since. Do I get every ounce of horse power out of them wihtout a PC; of course not. Does my bike run just fine with out a PC; yes it does.

So to answer your question, no you don't need to modify the air/fuel mixture by just adding a set of TB pipes. Obviously to get the best out of them and your bike, sure a PC or Juice Box would certainly help to make sure your bike is running at top performance. This is usually accompanied by a dyno run while tuning the PC or Juice box, so it can get pretty expensive very quickly!

Last edited:

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your help fella's. And Boneman: I just knew someone had to have posted about it before, I just couldn't find it. Thanks for taking the time to post the same info one more time. :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like Boneman, have not installed a PC 3 after installing after market exhaust. Mines a Remus Exhaust. I actually have one, but have not installed it onto the bike yet. Everything that Boneman sais is true, however my bike is running kind of lean. The fuel mixture is off, and my exhaust is popping ( backfiring ) when I downshift But it's not a big deal. I also have a K & N filter installed too.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 2Bros CF with the Juice box and K&N air filter. I get some popping when I downshift. Actually sounds kinda cool, just some unburnt fuel. Spark plugs looked good when I changed them so no worries.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 2Bros CF with the Juice box and K&N air filter. I get some popping when I downshift. Actually sounds kinda cool, just some unburnt fuel. Spark plugs looked good when I changed them so no worries.

The popping will always be there unless you remove the IAS system.
It's annoying but I'm used to it.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The popping will always be there unless you remove the IAS system.
It's annoying but I'm used to it.

Yep, that stupid thing is the culprit for the exhaust popping...

As for the different materials of the same pipes:
Yes they sound a bit different, but the good thing is they all sound amazing! The CF has a bit of a deeper tone, which is why so many of us went with them. The metal cans have a slightly higher pitch to them and a more metalic resonance about them than the CF. I personally prefered the CF sound and since the price was in between the aluminum and titanium, it was a no brainer.

DecepticonDon

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the Titanium pipes on mine. I didn't get the CF because a friend had a TB CF pip on his cbrf4i and it was yellowing.
I now know the yellowing is the caused by the epoxy being exposed to UV.
not much of a problem in the FZ, since the pipes are mostly covered by the tail.

I would get a Power commander if you are getting pipes. You will kick yourself if you know what you are missing.
It is easy as pie to load a map from your computer/laptop to the Power commander and there are maps available fo download on the net for exhaust and airfilter options.
probably more "seat of the pants" dyno than actual HP, but throttle is smoother and that low rev jerkiness is smoothed out.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the IAS sysytem? Search isn't helping any. :rolleyes:

My old DRZ had a valve that would pump air into the combustion chamber on overrun..its an emissions thing..im sure the FZ6 system would work the same way

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My old DRZ had a valve that would pump air into the combustion chamber on overrun..its an emissions thing..im sure the FZ6 system would work the same way

Yep, it injects air into the cylinders during the exhaust stroke, with the goal of the super heated air helping ignite and burn the extra fuel that gets ejected through the exhaust system. Those tiny little combustions cause that popping sound.

Reminds me of smog pumps on old cars. Stupid.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Which program are you using on the Juice Box? I was using the first one and noticed some popping, but switched to the second program (I forget waht the color is) I have not heard any popping, or just have'nt noticed it.

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, it injects air into the cylinders during the exhaust stroke, with the goal of the super heated air helping ignite and burn the extra fuel that gets ejected through the exhaust system. Those tiny little combustions cause that popping sound.

Reminds me of smog pumps on old cars. Stupid.

Well said.:thumbup: