Two Brothers Ceramic Coat Install PICs

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we got the TB pipes installed. These are Titanium TB Ceramic coated cans, headers, down pipe & Y pipe. Believe it or not it took awhile to get done in light of humidity kept the material from curing. So we changed material brand. The pipes could use a little more adjustment for straightening.

We also incorporated the Two Brothers FE kit, accompanied by the Fazer 6 eliminator kit found on ebay... This mod was duped from Boneman's MOD on his FZ6 "Bonemans FZ6" site under the "Two Brothers Install." I found this mod ideal because it incorporated the OEM plate light, blinkers, and brake light. I did have to run extended wires(two simple wires) for the plate light. But all worked out in the end. Enjoy the Pics!

Thanks to all FZ6 fellow members for all the documented data! You guys rock! Remember, the service manual and threadlock is your friend!!!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike Looks GREAT!!! All that black. . . . :drool: :drool:

How's it run and sound?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike Looks GREAT!!! All that black. . . . :drool: :drool:

How's it run and sound?

To much surprise the butt dyno indicates its not running that bad... The idling tends to wander a little. But I am not getting any backfires or pops on the de-accell or down shift. The bike is not running as hot. When riding down the freeway temperature indicates around 163 degrees. So it dropped in temperature slightly. Although the outside temp is cooler then say two months ago.

As for sound, it is deep & throaty. If its any indication if you subscribe to the myth, "the sound makes women wail and babies cry." Its not a myth. It is true... The best part is when riding Down the freeway and approaching cagers blindside. I could swear I saw several people raise there left shoulder and look in the rear side view mirror. It also seemed like cagers weren't riding as close in my rear view. Maybe it's just me. I also noticed when getting on it on the freeway, through the helmet maybe its just me. But it sounds like across between a gas powered horn and is just about identical to the Urakai battle cry when they storm Helms Deep in the movie The Two Towers, LOTR. If you haven't heard it check it out.... Too funny.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks brilliant! Bar-end look (no fairing mounted mirrors) suits FZ6 very well :thumbup:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, the bike looks great. I also have a black FZ6 and considered the CF TB exhaust to keep with the dark theme, but I've read that some people have issues with the CF turning brown after as little as a month. Got any details on the coating and the process you used? A YouTube video to test would be pretty sweet. :)

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, the bike looks great. I also have a black FZ6 and considered the CF TB exhaust to keep with the dark theme, but I've read that some people have issues with the CF turning brown after as little as a month. Got any details on the coating and the process you used? A YouTube video to test would be pretty sweet. :)

Thanks. Yea, I wanted to stay away from carbon fiber after I found out about the yellowing. I didnt much care for the TB CF design. Although I beleive there are some carbon fiber manufactured exhausts that could have made preventive measures to avoid the phenomina (yellowing). So regardless, I went with an alternate route w/titanium. Stronger just about as light, I figure.. That's not to say its impenetrable. I'm sure rocks and road debris will have its fair share of wear over time. But surprising enough the ceramic coat has held rather decent, in light of install. No chips.

It would probably do well to know somebody who does metal work or has it done for powder coat and ceramic coat. In terms of funds. I didn't physically coat the pipes.

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I see no yellowing of my cf. at all... I get a lot of people comming to me to say they like the clean look of the TB....:cheer:

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
What did it run to get the headers, downpipe, and Y pipe coated? I like the look, let alone any performance gains! :D

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a family friend who makes bbqs, warehouse equipment, and many things to do with metal as a business. They get many things powder coated. I assure you it didn't cost much. Many powder coaters also ceramic coat.

As for more power. I don't know yet.... I am sure it is breathing a lot better with no cat, a K&N and ceramic coat inside and out on the cans, down pipe, y pipe, and a portion of the header on the inside. I just didnt get around ceramic coating the Pre-cats on the inside of the header. Although the header is coated on the out side and a portion of the inside of the header pipes. It also probably helped to shave a few pounds going from stock exhaust to the TB exhaust.

Whats next and awaiting in the wings? Another TB sync somewhere along th line, the smog block off plates and AIS removal, a PCV, and then the dyno tune. It's all good fun. I'm not expecting to get a R6 out of it or anything.... but what the hell. The bike is an absolute blast to ride.

Last edited: