Two Bros, Carbon Slip-ons

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
From my experience it took about 2 - 2.5 hours from start to finish, that includes spray-painting the FE mounting bracket black. I'm not mechanic-savy by any means but the instructions provided by 2 Brothers were top notch. They are specific to our bike and include pictures, so it made the install fairly easy.

crazybrother

Reaction score
Visit site
they sound great! how hard was it to install them? how long did it take?

Not very hard at all, they do come with a Fender Elim Kit. But it doesn't need any paint?? It took about an hour, the instructions were great:Sport: They actually sound better than the video shows:Flash:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Crazybro,

Just a question about the TwoBros install, you mentioned it was easy. My buddy's SV650 needed the original pipes cut off to install his carbon pipes.
I did notice that the FZ exhaust pipe has a clamp under the seat. I suppose there is no cutting required and all I need to do is unclamp the stock pipe and replace it with the TwoBros super sweet pipes. It will take me a little longer than it did you since I need to remove my side/top racks along with everything else that needs to come off to do the install. Appreciate the input. Thanks.

Ares

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Videos just don't do the real sound justice, I knew that dog would tell the real story when you hit the throttle! I really like mine, even had the same smoke out the right side. You will turn heads when going thru town. They are loud but not obnoxious. Cool, eh?

crazybrother

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Crazybro,

Just a question about the TwoBros install, you mentioned it was easy. My buddy's SV650 needed the original pipes cut off to install his carbon pipes.
I did notice that the FZ exhaust pipe has a clamp under the seat. I suppose there is no cutting required and all I need to do is unclamp the stock pipe and replace it with the TwoBros super sweet pipes. It will take me a little longer than it did you since I need to remove my side/top racks along with everything else that needs to come off to do the install. Appreciate the input. Thanks.

Ares
Your are correct, no cutting required. The install was very easy. I would leave the Cat pipe in if I were you. It's plenty loud with just the Two Bros. pipes.:thumbup:

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
The dog was funny. With the stock pipes, he could care less. With the two bros, he was like.. 'what's that' when you started it. Then when you revved it, he was like 'oh sh*t'.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking into getting an exhaust and I'm really interested in the M4 two brothers exhaust but can anyone tell me a few things?
1. Can the loudness of the pipes be tuned down so they aren't as loud as everyone says they are?
2. Will I need to do anything to the carb. as far as jetting goes once I change out the exhaust?
3. Seems like everyone is saying it comes with an eliminator kit, what if I already have one on there? Will it work anyways?
4. Do the pipes fit into the bike exhaust compartment without having to cut out any part of the bike?
5. Lastly, does it really increase the power to the bike?

Can anyone help me with these questions because I'm very interested but don't want to screw up after buying the product.
Thanks,
Aceman

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
1. Can the loudness of the pipes be tuned down so they aren't as loud as everyone says they are? Not really. You can get the DB killer inserts, but every review I've read say they don't do squat (advertize only a 2-3db reduction).
2. Will I need to do anything to the carb. as far as jetting goes once I change out the exhaust? No, especially since there is no carb on an FZ6....
3. Seems like everyone is saying it comes with an eliminator kit, what if I already have one on there? Will it work anyways? Yes, with some modding. You don't have to use their kit. I merged my FAZR6 FE and the TB FE together. You can view my write up here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3068-two-brothers-carbon-fibre-exhaust-boneman.html If you are good at modding and wiring, you can get quite creative.
4. Do the pipes fit into the bike exhaust compartment without having to cut out any part of the bike? Yes. Perfect fit, no cutting needed.
5. Lastly, does it really increase the power to the bike? TB says it will increase your bike by a couple of HP. Probably even more if you isntall a PCIII.

I suggest you go to the TB web site and download the installation instructions for the FZ6. It gives you an idea of what is involved and how they are mounted. If you have any questions, feel freee to PM me.

Last edited:

crazybrother

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking into getting an exhaust and I'm really interested in the M4 two brothers exhaust but can anyone tell me a few things?
1. Can the loudness of the pipes be tuned down so they aren't as loud as everyone says they are?
2. Will I need to do anything to the carb. as far as jetting goes once I change out the exhaust?
3. Seems like everyone is saying it comes with an eliminator kit, what if I already have one on there? Will it work anyways?
4. Do the pipes fit into the bike exhaust compartment without having to cut out any part of the bike?

Can anyone help me with these questions because I'm very interested but don't want to screw up after buying the product.
Thanks,
Aceman
Yes you can tune down the loudness, You can buy the P-1 inserts for the Two Bros.
We have a Power Commander installed, Takes care of any Jetting issues.
You will have to use Two Bros. Fender Elim. Kit to install the pipes.
No cutting required-everything bolts right up.
Yes it seems to have a lot more power from top to bottom.
Good luck.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yes you can tune down the loudness, You can buy the P-1 inserts for the Two Bros.
We have a Power Commander installed, Takes care of any Jetting issues.
You will have to use Two Bros. Fender Elim. Kit to install the pipes.
No cutting required-everything bolts right up.
Yes it seems to have a lot more power from top to bottom.
Good luck.

First off, the P1 inserts are next to usless and don't do jack to reduce the noise.

Second, you DO NOT have to have a PCIII installed if you are just putting on TB cans. We've been over this like a 100 times already in this forum.... My bike is proof of this. Runs jsut fine without a PCIII.

Third, you DO NOT have to use the TB FE kit. You can cut the bottom off and just use the upper portion that attaches to the rings that help support the cans. Some have even not used the support rings all together.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks,
Aceman

If you are looking for a very sound tunable system consider the Akrapovic. The DB Killers really work, they a TUV certified for sound. You can got from a bit louder than stock to sounding like an F1 car by remove two 4mm bolts and the two DB killers, takes all of 30 seconds. They also incorporate a few things into their design to ensure proper back pressure, etc. The cost is reasonable to $679ish.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
By putting the TB pipes on, does it effect the bike when I have to take it in to get smogged? I live in CA. Or does the bike even have to get smogged? I don't know, Im clueless.....:banghead:

Justang

Dry clutches rock!
Reaction score
Visit site
By putting the TB pipes on, does it effect the bike when I have to take it in to get smogged? I live in CA. Or does the bike even have to get smogged? I don't know, Im clueless.....:banghead:

Smog is not needed for bikes in Cali. Although, I thought I heard the lawmakers were thinking about smogging bikes in the near future.
It wouldn't effect the smog anyway.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it sounds nice. I just got my two brother exhaust put on my 05' FZ6, and its like night and day. The best thing ever. Also power commander made a slight difference in performance, but over all 10 of 10 i give. Two brothers will beat any other exhaust manufacturer when it comes to good quality sound.

fazerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: should take about half hour to 1 hour m8 best thing is to get mec to do it for what it costs cost me here in england £31 including new number plat (holes in old ones in wrong place , had tail tidy as well 0 sweet lol:Sport:
they sound great! how hard was it to install them? how long did it take?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
On the short exhausts for sportbikes the P1 tips do alot. The way the tips are on the two brothers cans make the exhaust drone at highway speeds. Putting the tip on eliminates that drone.

Also pull the can apart and throw away TB's horrible packing job. Buy a couple large bags of 4-stroke packing and go to town.

It will help alot. If you look on TB's website it will say that they need to be repacked after 5000 miles anyway.

-bryan

Last edited: