TW + Feedback: 2006 FZ6 (Shift Red)

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
TW + Feedback: 2006 FZ6 (Shift Red) - Bay Area, CA

This was a For Sale post I recently submitted on craigslist, and I wanted to get some feedback from you fine folks about the price. Given everything below, is $4400 (obo) a reasonable price to ask? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. If anyone is interested in purchasing it on this forum, I definitely would not turn down a reasonable offer.

There is a guy who is offering to trade a 2005 Suzuki SV650 with 85xx miles. I'm considering it too.

-------------------

2006 Yamaha FZ6 - Shift Red (the sun seems to make it look almost orange, when in fact, it's a pretty deep red).
14k miles, entirely highway / commuter miles.
Manual and Yamaha toolkit are included.
Asking $4400 obo.

This bike has never been downed or dropped in any way and is in great physical and mechanical condition. The only "blemish" on the bike is minor hairline scuffs on the seat rails from carrying bags. The 8k mile service was professionally performed by Yamaha of Berkeley (I have the receipt / invoice in-hand). The bike has been very well maintained with frequent oil changes - last oil changed at 13k miles. I also frequently perform chain maintenance (every 400 miles or after rain) - including foam cleaner, chain brush scrub, chain lube. Also, the bike has never been raced, tracked, or ridden irresponsibly.

The brakes are still in good condition, very responsive, good braking power compared to many other bikes. When it was time to change out the tires, I bought a wheel and tire set from a Yamaha R6 (with red stripe - a tasteful visual modification). It makes the bike look that much better than with the stock wheels.

Honestly, if you have just recently gotten your M1 license with little riding experience, this bike might be too much bike for you. This bike is fine as a first, but you should have some riding experience under your belt. FZ6's tend to have a sensitive throttle, very responsive clutch friction point, and are very powerful in general.

No test rides unless you have a Class M1 endorsement and the full value of the bike (in cash) in-hand. Naturally, if you drop the bike, it's yours.

I may consider trades depending on the bike, but I'm primarily looking for a Suzuki SV650 because of its more aggressive seating position. The FZ6 is great as a crossover bike, mixing sport with travel. If you an SV650 and are thinking about trading, contact me, and we'll arrange a meeting to inspect each bike.

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Re: TW + Feedback: 2006 FZ6 (Shift Red) - Bay Area, CA

Dunno mate. I'm in England so I'm not sure about the CA market. Bike looks good tho.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Price seems fair. Dunno if I'd trade it for an SV650. Unless you really want an SV. Otherwise it seems like a flat trade with little gain (or loss of course.)

As far as the ad goes... Your advice about this bike being a bit much for new riders is spot on, but you're trying to sell your bike, not give advice. I would scratch that part in an effort not to scare ANY potential buyers away.

(Is that wrong?)

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Price seems fair. Dunno if I'd trade it for an SV650. Unless you really want an SV. Otherwise it seems like a flat trade with little gain (or loss of course.)

As far as the ad goes... Your advice about this bike being a bit much for new riders is spot on, but you're trying to sell your bike, not give advice. I would scratch that part in an effort not to scare ANY potential buyers away.

(Is that wrong?)

The SV650 is a bike I was most definitely considering, but honestly, I'm more aggressively going after my friend's 06 R6 (Raven). He's going to let it go for $5k with 300 miles, never dropped, always garaged, 1st and only owner.

As for the advice part of it, hehe, very true.. I guess I just wanted to be fair to the person buying the bike, but you do make complete sense. I'll edit that for my next posting, though I have gotten several offers.

I'll meet up with those folks soon to discuss the bike's details.. =)

Thanks for the reply guys. I appreciate the feedback. If anyone else would like to chime in, most definitely do so!