Turn Signals, AHH!

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
So last week I spent 4 days at the Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN on my '06 FZ6. On the last day of the 4, I noticed that my turn signals and hazards were not working. That is the indicators were not working, signals themselves, etc...

So when I got home from the trip I thought it was 1 of two things, either the flasher relay or a blown fuse.

I went ahead and checked all of the fuses and everything was fine. I bypassed the flasher relay with a wire and the turn signal came on for a quick second then off. So I went ahead and bought the flasher relay from SuperBrightLEDs, installed it, and nothing! The taillight works fine, so I didn't even think of checking the taillight fuse, just the blinkers all around and the indicator for them are not working.

It was really hot at the dragon and a ton of vibrations so I'm thinking I've burnt some connector, or that one shook loose.

Now I haven't changed any other wiring etc. Not sure where to go from here, any suggestions?

And here are some dragon pictures from your pleasure and a thank you for helping!

h2zLe4c2Q6rcWsVtu8J-KhHBqmsPUGBtIYoVlMXju80=w1044-h696-no

471573.jpg

471571.jpg

471572.jpg

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pictures, heard a guy died on the dragon riding a fz6 here recently, how tall are you! Some of those knee scrapping angles arnt very high degree, or maybe it's just the pictures? Maybe it's the bags throwing me off.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good on the Dragon!

When you say the indicator lit for a second was the second because you disconnected the jumper or because the lamp only lit for a second while the jumper was still applied?

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'6", so I could probably drag my knees driving in a straight line! I do have some more pictures that show a much greater angle. Blah

The guy that died on the 07' FZ6 died the day before we got there. They had some crosses up at his crash site.

I figured out the electrical issue. Im guessing when I was testing my flasher relay before i replaced it that I blew a fuse that wasn't previously blown.

Riddle me this one, how can the taillights work when the tail fuse is blown? That was my issue, a blown tail fuse.

With the SuperBrightLED.com relay my LED taillight and custom flush mount headlights flash at a decent rate now, instead of like this... :Flash: