Traded one of my FZ6's for a SV1000S

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I had two nice FZ6's but a wanted a twin V-2 or a I-2 so I found a Guy on craigslist that wanted to trade his 2006 silver Suzuki sv1000s . The bike is fast!!!!! with alotta torque and 122 H.P. It was a even trade he's happy and so am I.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice lookin' bike!

Cliff will prob chime in soon:thumbup:

Ahem!...Hows the torque? :D The SV is a fun bike! :BLAA:

kdk%2520005.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooooo...Ahhhh...very nice! I have a soft spot in my heart for the big SV. I'm looking forward to a write up on it. Well done!v:thumbup:

Last edited:

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I had two nice FZ6's but a wanted a twin V-2 or a I-2 so I found a Guy on craigslist that wanted to trade his 2006 silver Suzuki sv1000s . The bike is fast!!!!! with alotta torque and 122 H.P. It was a even trade he's happy and so am I.

I'll be taking it to NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans next weekend for a track day and Mardi Gras.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SWEET! I've got NOLA on my track day list for this year. It looks killer! I'll probably go with Ride Smart.

We want a report! :D

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
My wingman rides a SV1000S and after 200 miles he's done. He says his neck starts to kill him.

He's faster on the straight aways but I kill him in the corners ;)

I would be done after 100 miles maybe less only about 20-30 minutes at a time is all I can handle, but I'm ****in' 56

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My wingman rides a SV1000S and after 200 miles he's done. He says his neck starts to kill him.

He's faster on the straight aways but I kill him in the corners ;)

Interesting, the SV is a few pounds lighter than the FZ6 with fully adjustable suspension front and back so I would say you're a faster rider! :D

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back from a 100 mile ride on the best road in texas its like the dragon tail . I have too say the sv1000 one of best handling bike I ever rode. It's so easy to ride fast because of the massive low and mid range torque and wide power band

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Any idea about fuel consumption/tank range yet.
Each year i run a trip to the South of France, about 3000 miles in a week (so feeling knackered after 100 miles isn't an option). I was thinking of going for an SV1000 naked next but need something that doesn't need filling up every 100 miles.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back from a 100 mile ride on the best road in texas its like the dragon tail . I have too say the sv1000 one of best handling bike I ever rode. It's so easy to ride fast because of the massive low and mid range torque and wide power band

There are lots of bikes that are better handling than a big SV, but it IS a great all around bike that is tons of fun to ride and ride fast. Just pls keep the reins pulled back a little while you get used to the new found torque. Last thing we want is for you to get hurt.:thumbup:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Did your insurance sky rocket? You have me looking at an sv1000 now..... I found an older one i really like and i can afford :)

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
:( No one wants to trade with me down here... Jerk :p

Lol, I was so sad when Suzuki stopped making the SV's. It's really what I wanted instead of the FZ6.

Not that I don't love my FZ6 too... But, getting outbid by a guy on craigslist for the SV650 was a sad day.