Top Saddlery Is Having a Sale

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
true...but then thats not really what im looking for.. my corbin i asume is leather thats a bit slipery with my leather pants, so i really would like something more on the leather side, but not as slippery... and i would like something a bit on the softer side, but i dont want something i cant move around on... this is basically why im asking.. i do some spirited riding on ocasion, so i really would rather not have that type... thanks alot for the input man.. good to have information for others :thumbup:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this week i've been riding a couple of days with the stock saddle. Reason being i had to park the bike outside overnight, wanted to keep the new fancy saddle dry, yeah it's new so i'm still somewhat protective, it will wear off :d anyway, i can say the top saddlery saddle is brilliant, it's like a nice comfy seat, a throne, stock saddle feels like a stool compared to it. If can really recommend it, especially for the longer rides :thumbup: I'm really pleased that i didn't buy the more expensive corbin.

saddle1.jpg

saddle2.jpg

now that's a sweet seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
true...but then thats not really what im looking for.. my corbin i asume is leather thats a bit slipery with my leather pants, so i really would like something more on the leather side, but not as slippery... and i would like something a bit on the softer side, but i dont want something i cant move around on... this is basically why im asking.. i do some spirited riding on ocasion, so i really would rather not have that type... thanks alot for the input man.. good to have information for others :thumbup:

Keep in mind that the material I have selected is one of many they offer. They have other material that is a bit smoother and slightly slippery all the way to Corbin-esque totally slippery. You can order to suit your tastes. :D My tastes for this seat was zero movement and my arse planted in a single position.

I do have my stock seat for the track should I decide to go. I've been shaving it and reshaping it for better comfort though. :rockon:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that the material I have selected is one of many they offer. They have other material that is a bit smoother and slightly slippery all the way to Corbin-esque totally slippery. You can order to suit your tastes. :D My tastes for this seat was zero movement and my arse planted in a single position.

I do have my stock seat for the track should I decide to go. I've been shaving it and reshaping it for better comfort though. :rockon:

but i cant for the life of me find out where they describe each kind of material.. their web site kinda blows for navigational purposes.. :( hense why i figured some people here could post up some different types with the coresponding numbers.. and then anyone else who was looking to get one would be better informed as well.. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bump bump... anyone know where on the top sadlery site they list the type of materials???

As you go through building the seat, you can click on each part of the seat and see the material selections. Clicking each one brings up a small close-up sample to view. So, select US, Yamaha, FZ6 FAZER 600 [>2003], then in the right, select your year. that brings up the build list and the second option in the lower right panel is "Colours and materials" Select that and then select the radio button for Seats. Hover the mouse over each material to see the design. Some are shiny and smooth, some are faux leather looking, and there's a carbon fiber looking one that is slippery. It is what I have on the strips separating the seats. :D

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have done that... but i was looking for more specific info.. you know.. like if its waterproof for one.. and such.. really i like the look of segue00's on the other board.. seems like that is what i am shooting for...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have done that... but i was looking for more specific info.. you know.. like if its waterproof for one.. and such.. really i like the look of segue00's on the other board.. seems like that is what i am shooting for...

All their seats are waterproof. :rolleyes: They are motorcycle seats! ;)

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
They are back!!! You think my wife will notice if I get a new seat? too late!!! I got the one with the red edging... not the one the one with the red strips.

Ok seriously for the last time this is the last purchase for the bike this year.

flash89

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered mine! Selected the premade one with the Silver Trim, no gel. $325 shipped, of course I owe them my old seat which will cost about $40 to ship to them, so total cost is about $365. IMHO these seats look much better than the Corbins. I'll post some on bike pics when I get it.

Anyone get their's yet? How long did it take?

cdogg76

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered mine back in March and, surprisingly, it was delivered in about one week!

I went on a two hour ride with it and have to say that it was quite nice. The stock seat makes my butt hurt after 45-60 min. I didn't even realize I had been sitting on it for two hours. I did have some minor discomfort briefly, but just adjusting my seating slightly resolved that.

I think the benefit with these seats is that it's slightly wider, so you can more evenly distribute the pressure across your butt. Being narrower, the stock seat puts too much pressure in the middle.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too, am now considering a new seat. Especially after my 6 hour ride yesterday. Ouch. :(

Hey Unseen - what combos did you do with your seat? I am having difficulties figuring out the site just like LERecords.

I will have to sweet talk my husband though - he thinks my current seat is just fine...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too, am now considering a new seat. Especially after my 6 hour ride yesterday. Ouch. :(

Hey Unseen - what combos did you do with your seat? I am having difficulties figuring out the site just like LERecords.

I will have to sweet talk my husband though - he thinks my current seat is just fine...

Tell him HE doesn't ride your seat so how can he say it is fine for you? After the stock seat, I tried the Corbin, the Yamaha Comfort seat and then got the Top Saddlery. The TS is the ONLY seat I didn't have to stop with because I was saddle sore. The ONLY reason I stopped with the TS seat on was because I needed fuel. :D

Their Std seat sits a bit more forward than the stock seat, but where you sit is where you stay. You can get it even more forward (short as they call it) or further back (long). Raised or lowered. The selections for materials are the only other thing. If you have doubts, select one material and use it throughout. It just means you get a seat that is all one color, one pattern.

The one I ordered was one that they had pre-made. I just happened to be there to order that day when the blue stitched one appeared. ;)

Order Brenda.... it's the best money you can spend on the bike. It will be more comfortable than your sofa and you'll always want to be on it. :thumbup:

astorm

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference is between the type 1 deluxe seat and the type 2 deluxe seat I can't seem to find what the difference is on their site.

Thanks

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference is between the type 1 deluxe seat and the type 2 deluxe seat I can't seem to find what the difference is on their site.

Thanks
If you click on the question mark in the boxes that say "Type 1 deluxe seat" and "Type 2 deluxe seat", boxes with descriptions pop up. The only differences in the descriptions that I can see are as follows:
Type 1 Deluxe Seat:
  • with the option of edging in another material of your choice and a 3 cm stitching line in a matching colour
  • with or without inscription embroidered on the backrest in a colour of your choice

Type 2 Deluxe Seat:
  • with the option of choosing any other material for the U-shaped strips and edging (the material for U-shaped strips and edging must be the same)
  • Inscription on backrest not possible

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone that has the pre-made seat... this one,

tsseat.jpg

is it slippery like the Corbins I hear about or not? My wife will be riding on the back and I don't want her to be slipping around when I brake. She does hold on to the tank when I start to brake, but a slippery seat will make it a little harder.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell him HE doesn't ride your seat so how can he say it is fine for you? After the stock seat, I tried the Corbin, the Yamaha Comfort seat and then got the Top Saddlery. The TS is the ONLY seat I didn't have to stop with because I was saddle sore. The ONLY reason I stopped with the TS seat on was because I needed fuel. :D

Their Std seat sits a bit more forward than the stock seat, but where you sit is where you stay. You can get it even more forward (short as they call it) or further back (long). Raised or lowered. The selections for materials are the only other thing. If you have doubts, select one material and use it throughout. It just means you get a seat that is all one color, one pattern.

The one I ordered was one that they had pre-made. I just happened to be there to order that day when the blue stitched one appeared. ;)

Order Brenda.... it's the best money you can spend on the bike. It will be more comfortable than your sofa and you'll always want to be on it. :thumbup:

;) He does ride the seat now.

I hate this thread too. :( I want a TS seat REALLY bad and can't have one since I just got the new bike. But - I know what I am going to be asking Santa for come December! :D

insomniacs_dream

Reaction score
Visit site
In case anyone is interested and hasn't bought a Top Saddlery seat yet, my wife is thinking about getting rid of hers. We just bought it about 3 months ago and she doesn't like the way it fits her. I'll post pics and it has the gel front seat. She would really like to trade it for a Corbin. Let me know if anyone is interested.

bikeseat2.jpg

Bikeseatpic1.jpg