Top Gear

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Biased, hmmm I haven't really thought that. I think they are pretty straight forward, accurate and honest with their opinions (except thinking the BMW 6 series is an ugly car). :D
When do you think they are biased?

H

HavBlue

They often push the European machines and set up tests that that pit unlike cars together in a manner that favors the European. Granted, this is the market share they are trying to gather but one thing is for certain, neither of them can drive an American muscle car and this would include the mystery driver...... In watching the show the one highlight for me was seeing them try to figure out how a $35,000 EVO could smoke the Lambo in virtually every test they tried to set up for the Lambo to win. Did they really think that Lambo had a chance? I'll give them an (A) for effort though....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They often push the European machines and set up tests that that pit unlike cars together in a manner that favors the European. Granted, this is the market share they are trying to gather but one thing is for certain, neither of them can drive an American muscle car and this would include the mystery driver...... In watching the show the one highlight for me was seeing them try to figure out how a $35,000 EVO could smoke the Lambo in virtually every test they tried to set up for the Lambo to win. Did they really think that Lambo had a chance? I'll give them an (A) for effort though....
I love TG, it is very funny, and very tongue in cheek. If you would like to view more you can down load the BBC I player.

BBC iPlayer - Search results for 'top gear'

Some of the challenges that they do are hillarious and very inivative. Driving across the pole, driving across Africa.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love TG, it is very funny, and very tongue in cheek. If you would like to view more you can down load the BBC I player.

BBC iPlayer - Search results for 'top gear'

Some of the challenges that they do are hillarious and very inivative. Driving across the pole, driving across Africa.

And don't forget "driving" across the English channel :thumbup:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is biased, opinionated, often wrong, non-PC, non-green. Best Car program going.

Jeremy hates motorcycles by the way.

Hamster Rules!:Flash:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love Top Gear when i can see it, they took away the channel that carries it from my cable package and now if i want it i have to buy a different package for like $150 or some crap like that... Damn the man!

anot

Reaction score
Visit site
Well in europe we have corners in our roads, so cornering is important and since american cars are crap going round bends it's no surprise that they don't like them (except the Ford GT40 which will corner the few times it works).

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Well in europe we have corners in our roads, so cornering is important and since american cars are crap going round bends it's no surprise that they don't like them (except the Ford GT40 which will corner the few times it works).

I think you have forgotten the Chevy Corvette. Hands down the most bang for the buck sports car. ever. :thumbup:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Who cares about corners as long as you get to the next stop light first :thumbup:

anot

Reaction score
Visit site
But will it corner?

No, I just wanted to tease a bit, I really like the american muscle cars. There's nothing like the sound of a V8...

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
I love Top Gear - just watched another episode last night...this is the one where they 'race' across London. Hamster is on a high $ pedal bike, May is in the Merc Sport Ute, Clarkson is in the boat on the river and the Stig uses public transport - guess who comes in last - lol.

I do not watch the show because I think I will come away better informed about the best car out there - I watch because I really appreciate the sense of humor and the challenges they go after.

BTW - they also featured a Caparo T1 in the most recent episode to air in the States...that car looks insane!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
<insert Volvo joke here> :p

An old guy in his Volvo is driving home from work when his wife rings him on his carphone,

"honey", she says in a worried voice, "Be careful! There was a bit on the news just now, some lunitic is driving the wrong way down the motorway",

"It's worse than that!", he replies, "There are hundreds of them!"