To Honk or Not to Honk, that is the poll

When someone pulls out in front of you, do you...

• Honk while performing an emergency brake/swerve

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • Go about your business without alerting the offending motorist

Votes: 21 25.6%

• Total voters

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This morning I honked a car coming into the left lane to pass a tram. (remember we drive on the left) so I honked as they drifted in to my lane I looked onto the passengers window and the look on the drivers face was utter surprise, to see me and the pushbike as well. She really had no idea we were there and I wear hi-vis I had passed her not 100 metres earlier... go figure.
Got to the lights about 50 metres furhtr on and the cyclist pulls up and apologised to me, she had no idea that she had been so close to being run off the road from behind. I told her she had nothing to apologise for.
I love the horn

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I treat blind cagers like dogs who've done something wrong. I make sure they know full well that what they did was unacceptable and wrong. Hell, if I could I'd smack them with a newspaper and shout "BAAAAD CAGER, BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!"

Having said that, I usually use my throttle instead of my horn (depending on situation). I've come to realize my 2bros do a far better job at scaring the bejesus out of those visually impaired cones.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a reason why manufacturers put horns on bikes cars etc.... If it wasn't necessary they wouldn't have them. trust me, anything to save money. Its there just like your indicators and headlights. USE IT the same way you use them.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
SO I was riding a few days ago, expressway, I'm in the left lane and this power-mom in her mininvan is beside me, LuLu Lemon sticker in the window, no doubt blasting Rhianna on the stereo. Anyway, she hits the turn signal and starts pulling into me, forcing me onto the narrow shoulder with a concrete barrier right beside it. I'm hitting the horn like crazy, she doesn't even notice. She gets in front of me and I open my hands wide, like WTF YOU CRAZY B!TCH?!?!? She pulls off at the mall (of course)...I ride past her hitting my helmet with my finger, as in "THINK"!!!!! My finger hurt afterward.

Point is, that wee little horn on the Fizzer is a POS. I'm thinking about upgrading to a fog horn.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had a chance to use my horn on the way home from work today.

A woman in a sh!tbox SUV/jeep was coming up on my right hand side (two lane road in both directions, I'm in the left-most lane to avoid people pulling out from side streets). We're moving at about 45-50 MPH (speed limit is 50). A truck in front of her begins to brake to make a right turn into a 7-11. She decides to suddenly accelerate and move over into my lane to pass him on the left. I'm right there. I see it coming and I was on the horn and steadily squeezing the brake and she shoots past between me and the truck. She then flipped me off. :Flip: I shrugged real big with a WTF gesture and kept on my way.

At the next traffic light she pulls to a stop in the line of cars waiting on red, and I filter to the front. As I pass here she flips me off again. :Flip:

She doesn't like horns apparently.

Last edited:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had a chance to use my horn on the way home from work today.

A woman in a sh!tbox SUV/jeep was coming up on my right hand side (two lane road in both directions, I'm in the left-most lane to avoid people pulling out from side streets). We're moving at about 45-50 MPH (speed limit is 50). A truck in front of her begins to brake to make a right turn into a 7-11. She decides to suddenly accelerate and move over into my lane to pass him on the left. I'm right there. I see it coming and I was on the horn and steadily squeezing the brake and she shoots past between me and the truck. She then flipped me off. :Flip: I shrugged real big with a WTF gesture and kept on my way.

At the next traffic light she pulls to a stop in the line of cars waiting on red, and I filter to the front. As I pass here she flips me off again. :Flip:

She doesn't like horns apparently.

motorcycle boot + car door = vengeance served cold