To GSX-R 750, or not to GSX-R 750? That is the question!

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Your Avatar said you are from Earth? Had no idea you were from Norway.
Beautiful country, but motoring isn't the only thing thats expensive. Just about everything is. Good thing I was there working, but still I still burned up all my per diem when I was in Oslo.

Sorry, my bad..:p Yeah, you're absolutely right. Everything is very expensive. Tons of taxes on everything. What kind of work did you do while you were here?

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
here s the fz6's big brother at Thunderhill :thumbup: i had dealer swap out to white rims :rockon:

i love my 750 :rolleyes:

i did a review on it compared to fz6 on either this or sbn forum.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, my bad..:p Yeah, you're absolutely right. Everything is very expensive. Tons of taxes on everything. What kind of work did you do while you were here?

I use to tour with rock n roll acts, and back in 2003 I was working for Bruce Springsteen as one of the accountants. One of the Europeon dates included Oslo, we were at the Valle Hovin Stadion. Spent a few days in Oslo.

I was out on the road for 16 years, got to work for a lot of different acts. But enough is enough. The only regret I have now is that this forum didn't exhist back when I use to tour. If I still did, I would be able to meet just about everyone on this forum. I'm sure I wouldn't have to twist too many members to come on down and see the show as my guest, well I guess that would have depended on the artist.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Chris is in Denmark or somewhere, has nothing to do with US (low) prices ..
Norway;)
here s the fz6's big brother at Thunderhill :thumbup: i had dealer swap out to white rims :rockon:

i love my 750 :rolleyes:

i did a review on it compared to fz6 on either this or sbn forum.
Yeah, I've read it. Didn't make me want one less..:rolleyes: Love the track shots! How did it handle out on there?
I use to tour with rock n roll acts, and back in 2003 I was working for Bruce Springsteen as one of the accountants. One of the Europeon dates included Oslo, we were at the Valle Hovin Stadion. Spent a few days in Oslo.

I was out on the road for 16 years, got to work for a lot of different acts. But enough is enough. The only regret I have now is that this forum didn't exhist back when I use to tour. If I still did, I would be able to meet just about everyone on this forum. I'm sure I wouldn't have to twist too many members to come on down and see the show as my guest, well I guess that would have depended on the artist.
Oh, cool! Yeah Springsteen has had lots of concerts over here. Valle Hovin isn't a great stadium but it works fair enough I guess. In fact it's where I practiced for my motorcycle license. :p A couple of driving schools have set up a course out there for improving basic rider skills.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If i was going to buy a full on Sportsbike, the GSXR 750 would be near the top of my choices....great bike, same size as a 600, meatier engine, handle like they are on rails....niiiice!

Do it!

:rockon:

IceCarver

Reaction score
Visit site
gixxers turn people into squids here everybody has one, and tis better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow, you'll never be able to full out ring that 750's neck, and why would you pay that much for a 750 you can get a 1000 for 6 grand around here, low miles good condition, I have a feeling that people buy these b/c everyone else is. not to rip off the commercial, but you should become one of us by becoming none of us.

I get more comments on the fazer than on the r-6

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
gixxers turn people into squids here everybody has one, and tis better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow, you'll never be able to full out ring that 750's neck, and why would you pay that much for a 750 you can get a 1000 for 6 grand around here, low miles good condition, I have a feeling that people buy these b/c everyone else is. not to rip off the commercial, but you should become one of us by becoming none of us.

I get more comments on the fazer than on the r-6

I suggest you read the thread first ;)

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
If i was going to buy a full on Sportsbike, the GSXR 750 would be near the top of my choices....great bike, same size as a 600, meatier engine, handle like they are on rails....niiiice!

Do it!

:rockon:

I'm slowly reaching that conclusion.. I just have to have it :Sport:

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
Norway;)

Yeah, I've read it. Didn't make me want one less..:rolleyes: Love the track shots! How did it handle out on there?

i had ohlins shock and r6 fork swap on the fz6, the fz6 was setup a lot stiffer compared to the 750. The 750 still felt alittle more synchronized then the fz6 out of the box.

but i had to back down the preload on the rear shock of the 750 to almost max... well dave moss did that, he dialed the 750 in after 4 or 5 sessions - ( open track ftw) said i couldnt push any faster due to the OEM tires and he also said i have excellent throttle control :thumbup: He also recommended to respring the shock to a lighter spring - he said the stock was setup for a 230lb rider due to some insurance reasons for suzuki making the bikes capable of going 2up out of the box.

other then that, it wasnt that much more super razor sharp compared to the fz6, it just felt much more stable and smooth.

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Hehe. It's up to you really, I don't know what it's like in Norway but the British are sports bike mad. If you want it, get it, but make sure it's definately what you want so you don't regret getting rid of the FZ6.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so tomorrow I'll be going for a test ride, and if all goes well I'll be the proud owner of a new 08 GSX-R 750! :D

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! We want a full report! :thumbup:

Here goes... The 750 was sweet! I'm a tall guy at 6'1", but the bike felt good to ride. TOTALLY different animal from the FZ6. Lot of weight on the wrists but I did a fair amount of slow in-town riding when I was out for the test ride, and for me it was not a big deal at all. I can see that it could be troublesome for some people though. On the highway I didn't notice anything at all. That's pretty much the only negative thing I can think of.. The fuel injection (FI) was so much better than the somewhat jerky FZ6 FI (I know you get used to it but still:)). Simply super smooth! The clutch was also a lot smoother than than on the fizzer, as was the gearbox. Winter is looming ever closer over here though so the temperatures are real low these days. Since the roads were cold I didn't really open her up, but damn.. There's a lot of power in that engine! On the fizz you really have to rev it to feel the power, but the 750 pulls from about 3k, and I can only imagine it's insane when you take it above 7k..:eek:......:sinister: The radial mount calipers were awesome as well, and I'm sure they're going to come in handy on a bike like this. Suspension also seems very good out of the box, and I'm really looking forward to getting it dialed in after I get used to the bike. :D Hmm... What else.. Tires! Stocks are BT016's! I've read about them on here and they seem to be a quality sports tire, so that made me happy! :cheer:

After this I guess it comes as no big surprise that I decided to go for it! :D Got a good deal on insurance as well, so that made up for the slightly low trade-in price on the FZ. Only thing that sucks is that winter is so close that there's really no point in taking the 750 home. Would have to put it away in the next week or two anyway, so the dealer said they would keep it safe and warm for me over the winter, and make her ready for me come Spring!:)

I'll definitely miss the FZ6 but I'm also crazy excited about fulfilling my dream of owning a true sportsbike! Hope you guys won't mind me hanging around here..:)

Just a few random pictures of the blue & white 750 ;)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool and thanks for the write up. Let us know what you think in a few months. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ppl here will tell you:

1- "do it!"
2- "don't do it and keep your FZ6, which is the best bike in the universe for the money!"
3- "it's your own decision to make"

I vote for 1 but really, 3 is right! :D

You can now close this thread. :)

At the end of the day if you would be happier on the GSXR750 then do it. No sense wasting happiness because of stupid money. Just remember you will be giving up the areas in which the FZ6 is better than the Gixxer....most notably, ride comfort.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm facing the same dilemma, either invest in the fz6 to make it nicer, full body, custom exhaust, or save up and trade in the fz6 for either a fz1 or gsxr750 or honda VFR 800.. I like the comfort but I feel like a girl or old man on the fz6 :p im only 23 and never thought I'd feel the need for speed, but I'm hooked, so the fz6 really has to work to keep up with gsxr 600, zx6r, r6 cbr600cc, and im not even going to mention anything higher than that.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool and thanks for the write up. Let us know what you think in a few months. :thumbup:
No problem man! Will do;)

I'm facing the same dilemma, either invest in the fz6 to make it nicer, full body, custom exhaust, or save up and trade in the fz6 for either a fz1 or gsxr750 or honda VFR 800.. I like the comfort but I feel like a girl or old man on the fz6 :p im only 23 and never thought I'd feel the need for speed, but I'm hooked, so the fz6 really has to work to keep up with gsxr 600, zx6r, r6 cbr600cc, and im not even going to mention anything higher than that.

My advice is test ride the bikes you are now considering and find out what you truly want. If you want something else, save the money and wait for a good deal. If you find out that you prefer the FZ6 start modding and make it as good as you want it to be. :)