Tire Stripes

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
While putting on my tire stripes on got from Dunstan Graffix, i was on the first stripe when i noticed it was just a tad bit crooked. So i lifed it up to fix it, and the stripe broke in half... Now i'm 1/4 of a stripe short, and afraid to attempt to put the rest of the stripes on because this stripe isn't comming off at all.. Any suggestions to remove it?

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
which stripes did you get...i got my wheel stripes from the same guy and they were very good quality. i lifted mine a few times trying to make sure they were straight without them breaking on me. i got the white stripes. I also ordered blue reflective stripes in case i didnt like the white and they look more brittle. just my .02 cents

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got mine in the other day from the same guy. I haven't had a chance to put them on yet but mine had a little piece of paper inside that said not to install in temps below 70 F or they could crack or break. I'm a little hesitant to do it from all the people saying it is a pain in the a$$. The video on YouTube looks sooo easy though. I'm going to try it this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes.:eek:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya I am probably headed for the same disaster. It's not any warmer up here in Maine that's for sure. Maybe I'll run the hair dryer over them real quick before I stick them down.

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually tried that after i ripped half my stickers lol. You need to get the rims warmed up. I ended up getting one stripe on but the very very end of it was screwy so i ended up ripping that trying to fix it haha >_< ::whimper::

FZ6blues

Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't you make a water and soap mixture that will keep them slick for a little while, and then use a hair dryer to heat and let the glue dry onto the bike? That's what they do with window tinting for cars, and also for large decals being put on cars. That way you can move the strip into place easily and not have it stick to your tire until you are ready to have it stick. I'm not sure of the mixture of soap to water but it can most likely be found online some place. This is what I plan to do when I put mine on. Hope this helps.