Tire Rant...

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
The piece of steel on Sunday in the rear tire I could handle. It was getting squared off and thin anyway, but when I ran over the self-tapping 6mm screw in the front tire... I kinda lost it. Still has plenty of meat left on it and I'm pretty sure the plug isn't going to work. Why is it I've gone without getting a flat in ALL of my cager-driving days and now I manage to put a hole in both tires when I'm hurting financially?
Perhaps I've angered the motorcycle gods? Any ideas what sacrifices will appease them?

*deep breath*
*steps down from soap box*

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
tell you what...i picked up a used set of BT-020 from another forum member earlier this year, and i havent used them. they are a couple years old, but otherwise, have plenty of tread on them.

i got em for free + shipping, i can do the same if you want...i dont think ill ever use them.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
You could try to get race take-offs. That's what Rob and I do when we are in need of tires that we can't afford.

Shinkos are also great tires, and very cheap. 've been running 'em for three years now, and did a track day on a plugged one :)

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. I think i've got it figured out though. My folks are (hopefully) still feeling generous and might pick this one up for me like they did the rear. We'll see. Regardless of that, got paid today and got more than I expected. Hopefully i'll be able to find time to get the tire.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I lived in the Watonga area for 15 years and I swear I had more car flats than anywhere else I'd ever lived before or since!!! Must be the farming equipment!