Tire cost

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
It has been awhile since I have bought any motorcycle tires.
I stopped by a local shop today and got a quote on tires for my FZ6.
The price quoted was $312., US, for front and rear Pilot Power, mounted and balanced.

Is this price reasonable?.

ps: I`m curious as to whole sale on these tires.

I think it is. I spent $350 on mine the last time I got tires and had the shop do the mounting/balancing.

The Pilot Powers are the outgoing model now if you weren't aware - so you can either use that as a bargaining tool for a better discount, or perhaps go for the Pilot Pure that replaces them? Should be a better tyre and will be fully compatible with the Power if you still have a front Power on.....

It has been awhile since I have bought any motorcycle tires.
I stopped by a local shop today and got a quote on tires for my FZ6.
The price quoted was $312., US, for front and rear Pilot Power, mounted and balanced.

Is this price reasonable?.

ps: I`m curious as to whole sale on these tires.

Sounds reasonable considering the inclusion of labour. I found motorcycle-superstore has excellent prices for the road pilots.
Michelin Pilot Road 2 Front Tire - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Of course you would still have to get the tire installed.

Considering they have them and you don't have to do anything but ride up and leave with new tires I would say it is a good price. you might save 30 bucks or so by ordering online, removing and trucking your wheels to a dealer and back but doesn't seem worth it for $30.

That's a high price for Powers. Derbycycles.net has them for around 175.00

Find a shop that will mount tires you bought elsewhere and learn to R&R them yourself.

Get the Pilot Road2 well worth the extra $ and will out last the powers by up to 2x the miles.

Back