Time for tires

D

Dave.TX

I'm running Metzeler Z6's at the moment but when they wear out I'll most likely switch to Bridgestone BT-023 GT(on the BMW). My FZ6 came with Shinko 011's and I could corner no problem, no chicken strips. They're a sport touring tire. When I put on the 023 I noticed the ride got smoother and it was able to corner just as well. Angel ST's, Z6 or Z8, PR2's and 023's are all sport touring tires that you'll be just fine with. If you plan on going to a track then the 016 Pro's would be a good choice, for instance. There are some people that love the PR3's but there's a larger than normal percentage of folks that have had problems with them.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Decided on Michelin pilot road 2. I'll have em installed tomorrow and with some luck I'll get the headlight kit and the bike will be 100% by Saturday afternoon. Pics will come.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
i have about 12k miles on my pr3s they are sticky in the summer and
heat up reasonably fast

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick 15 mile ride home from tire shop, I like em so far and didn't realize how worn out my tires were. Once I get my headlight and get the bike together I'll take her for a proper spin (after the tires are ready of course) and report back.