Time for a new tail bag

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been using a Rapid Transit Recon 23 tailbag almost daily for the last 18 months and now the bungees have exposed rubber to the point the bag is unsafe to use. I contacted Rapid Transit to see if they could either provide or sell me replacement bungees and got a short (polite) no response. Basically they left me with the option of buying a new bag or trying to piece together a new securing system for the bag (which is in really good shape other then the bungees). I'm working on trying to piece together a new securing mechanism, but haven't had any luck. So now I'm in the market for a new soft tailbag. Anyone have a suggestions/luck with another brand holding up better, or at least being able to purchase replacement parts as things wear out?

D

Dave.TX

I have a Firstgear Silverstone tail bag and tank bag. Got some Firstgear cold weather gloves too. I'll tell ya they are good quality, pretty impressed with Firstgear. My tailbag is pretty large but that's what I wanted, don't use it much but in the summer it holds water bottles and hats for the pit stops we make.

PB4UGO

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Givi us20 and it has been great. All the straps and buckles are serviceable I believe.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno if you can get them in the US, but I've had a Ventura rack and bag on nearly every bike I've ever owned, and I highly recommend them.

They free up your pillion seat, and avoid scratches and the like on your bike from bungies and tie-downs.

I'm on my phone, so links and stuff are a pain, but do a search for Ventura.

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/bikepacksystem.aspx

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ok I have. nkd with that same beeeeuutiful colour scheme and I hafta know where is that tank cover from

I want one

sorry for the hijack

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
ok I have. nkd with that same beeeeuutiful colour scheme and I hafta know where is that tank cover from

I want one

sorry for the hijack

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

It is a bagster. The Aussie importer is cta Australia. I got it through work we are a distributer for them.