Ticking from Inside exhaust can?

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Noticed a loud tick coming from the right can. It can be heard noticable from 20 ft away:confused: cant find any thing loose or vibrating and it did not do this with stock exhaust:confused: Could it be exhaust valve noise? It matches revs and cant be heard while riding. Im starting to wonder if the exhaust was worth it. Its been 2 days of one thing after another:( Any ideas would be great:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could it be the muffler bearing? :BLAA: sorry couldn't help it :spank:

There's no such thing as a muffler bearing! It's probably the feather valve or flux capacitor! :rockon:

Galen,
I'm wondering if there is something flapping in the baffling? If it's a dual exhaust you might cover either can and block it and see if the sound changes. :D

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a m4 dual carbon cans, the way the mid pipe is "Y"ed one side gets most of the exhaust presssure . when i cover the main can it does stop the sound

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its a m4 dual carbon cans, the way the mid pipe is "Y"ed one side gets most of the exhaust presssure . when i cover the main can it does stop the sound

Okay! That's good news cuz it's prolly not something serious with the back end of the motor. It sound like you have something rapping in the can itself as the gasses expand in it. Can you easily swap the cans? Left to right and right to left? When you pull it, inspect for an obvious loose object or visible defect.