Thought I got away from the Hurricanes!!!

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
I moved from FL thought I was 'safe' from hurricanes..... I have more twisted tree limbs and damage than from all the storms I went through in FL and had NO warning, I watched local weather before I left for work and they said nothing about this hitting like it did. My damage is minor, thankfully the limbs twisted the right way and missed my house(except a couple windows), carport & garage. Power came back on last night, lost all my food in fridge :( freezer food seems OK, patio furn.& grill gone. I cut limbs and patched roof where vent flew away, thank goodness for garbage bags & duct tape:), so today I'm sore. Waiting for a call from tree service since I have broken limbs 20ft up, stuck & hanging on other limbs, and a few that are too big for me to handle on my own. My chain saw wouldn't start so cut everything with electric pole saw (using generator). I'm sure glad didn't have all the rain we had in FL with storms or I would have had a house full of water. So all in all I'm OK, just HATE hurricanes and they seem to FOLLOW me! Thanks, I needed to vent. Hope our neighbors in TX that took the direct hit are getting help they need. Good luck to Pete and his soldiers.