Thinking about selling and parting out Ohlins, Givi, rizome rearsets, R6 forks/brakes, etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT - everything except the pazzo brake/clutch levers has been sold (April 1, 2012)

Yeah......been thinking long and hard about it and am thinking about selling both my bikes (FZ6 and KTM 640 Adv) and getting a Honda Civic. Ur....I mean, and getting a KTM 950 Super Enduro R, to be complimented by a small bore plated dirt bike and/or a ratty sumo or track bike.

The 950 is a 100 HP (70 lb. ft.) v-twin dirt bike with top of the line eveyrthing, very reasonable maintenance, an 8 gallon safari tank option, and comfort to ride ride ride ride ride, including highway if needed.
312017843_MhWJX-L.jpg

Another variation
DSCF0027.jpg

And a white one
6852715919_26c4a81da7.jpg

And here is why Wavex and Cali_Rider need to get some dual sports
2006-ktm-950-super-enduro-13_460x0w.jpg

Thoughts?

So yeah, I would likely strip all the good parts off the FZ6, sell/ship them off, and then sell the fairly stock FZ6 for cheap locally. A short list of the good stuff off the top is as follows:

- Ohilns rear shock
- Givi rear rack and top case
- Rizoma rear sets
- Extra rear wheel and all gear (disc, cush, sprocket, bearings, etc.)
- Throttle tube (for better on/off and general throttle control...love this thing)
- KillerNoodle's slave lever extension/replacement
- 2007 R6S front forks and R6 calipers (would need someone to send me their stock bits, plus cash on top)
- a fresh never mounted set of Dunlop Q2 (mfg date is late 2011)
- tank grips
- uncaged frame sliders
- Pazzo shorty clutch and brake levers (black)
- An unused in the package paper air filter
- Speedo healer (plug and play)

I think that's all the big things........

Thought I'd never sell the FZ6....and it is SO freaking sorted...

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't stop ya, I love the dirt and pulling a good adventure, but I just watch them sit more than ever. The dual sport - its all good up unto a point.

I just weigh it as what will be in reach and be used so the dirt bikes went. Partly cause they blocked off so many places nearby it just literally took the fun out of it having to drive three hours to ride. Couple that with limited to nil on the storage. So it was one or the other. Our sitches are all different and mine will be different again in a few years.

Whatever you do, enjoy it - no regrets! :thumbup:

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Got to do what you got to do man! We won't judge ya for dissing the FZ ;) btw if ya got an exhaust your selling for the fz let me know lol

Asking price on the rear fz6 ohlins shock?

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn you mave :D Throw me down for defitely interested and second on the rearsets if for some unknown reason mave decides not to grab them :thumbup:

How much were you looking for the R6 front end bits? Pretty keen on that too >_>

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Dibs on the shock.
I am interested in picking up that shock from you. which variant is it. Did you get it set from factory for your weight and riding style. If so what is it set for. could you send or post pics. Is it compatible with a 2005 model year. Most importantly how much? Had to post this here, your private message box appears to be full. PM me.

Last edited:

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha mave, you thanking me for being too slow?! :spank:

Cheeky bugger :D

Love it! :cheer:

Also throw me backup on killernoodle... but mostly want the R6S front forks and R6 calipers now that Mave has stolen the show :thumbup:

Threw you a pm. Thanks.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah......been thinking long and hard about it and am thinking about selling both my bikes (FZ6 and KTM 640 Adv) and getting a Honda Civic. Ur....I mean, and getting a KTM 950 Super Enduro R, to be complimented by a small bore plated dirt bike and/or a ratty sumo or track bike.....

And here is why Wavex and Cali_Rider need to get some dual sports
2006-ktm-950-super-enduro-13_460x0w.jpg

- Ohilns rear shock
- Givi rear rack and top case
- Rizoma rear sets
- Extra rear wheel and all gear (disc, cush, sprocket, bearings, etc.)
- Throttle tube
- KillerNoodle's slave lever extension/replacement
- 2007 R6S front forks and R6 calipers (would need someone to send me their stock bits, plus cash on top).....

Sorry to hear this but not surprised. I need to get a dual-sport IN ADDITION to my FZ!

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only original early owner left, but I know you'll have fun with your new toys.

I still have my 04 FZ, bought new in Jan 2004. 75,000 miles. Can't bear to get rid of it, it just works for me in every way.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes it seems like I'm the only original early owner left, but I know you'll have fun with your new toys.

It does seem our little FZ-6 family has taken some hits the last couple days... :(

It does seem that way, doesn't it? But I'm still here too! Granted, mine doesn't LOOK like it did when I got it 5 years ago (sniff...just realized I picked it up February 1st, 2007), but it's still my only bike and I wouldn't dream of selling it!

Oh...and put me down for THIRD on the Ohlins shock. That's one thing I've never upgraded on mine. :thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha mave, you thanking me for being too slow?! :spank:

Cheeky bugger :D

No, it was more an acknowledgement, that depending on prices, and some 'unknown reason', they might well be yours. (but I called dibs, so nah, nah!)

Cheers,
Rick

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
This wasn't a generic observation, since I first met Defy at the first forum gathering at the Dragon in June 2006. I'm the one on the left and Defy is the second from the right. Lots of good rides since then.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So I think I will likely go buy a 950 in Santa Cruz on Saturday so this might all be happening pretty fast. I will keep you all posted and when the time comes I will post full information (full specs and full disclosure) and high res pictures of all parts (possibly early next week).

I also have the following parts:

- a fresh never mounted set of Dunlop Q2 (mfg date is late 2011)
- tank grips
- uncaged frame sliders
- Pazzo shorty clutch and brake levers (black)
- An unused in the package paper air filter
- Speedo healer (plug and play)

This wasn't a generic observation, since I first met Defy at the first forum gathering at the Dragon in June 2006. I'm the one on the left and Defy is the second from the right.

WOW - blast from the past. I had very little riding experience at the time that picture was taken. had only just bought the bike the previous fall. I'm wearing gortex north face ski pants with sweats under, hiking boots, and shorty gloves....no ear plugs.

Some characters right there...tour guide and Boo...and Franco!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dibs on the sliders, levers and tank grips! (inc rearsets and KN mods)

(I might end up buying it all, at this rate!)

LOL!

Cheers,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.