Thicker grips

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Since it looks like I am keeping my fz6, I figure I Might as well make it more comfortable.

I am looking to get some bigger grips. On long trips my hands cramp up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Since it looks like I am keeping my fz6, I figure I Might as well make it more comfortable.

I am looking to get some bigger grips. On long trips my hands cramp up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grip puppies are most voted. They usually come with 2 yr warranty.
I'll purchase a pair once I come back from my Vacay.
And I use Go Cruise 2 Aluminum throttle Lock for long drives, it'll help me rest my hand for a few mins.

Others, please chime in and share your exp. :)

Last edited:

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
HVMP bar ends are also great for absorbing vibrations, I do a lot of long distance riding and have stock grips, I did 850 km in one day this summer and could have kept going. I find sometimes I need to re-position my wrist on the throttle side so its straighter and lets blood back into my hand.

HVMP also have great customer service, one of the welds on the internal bar end thread broke and sent my bar end flying off on the highway, they sent me a brand new set for free.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Grip Puppies (or similar). Helps with vibes, I get easily 3 years out of them.

They take some getting used to, but I wouldn't ride without them now.

They protect the OEM grips underneath too!

They also make (forgot the name), a piece (plastic or rubber depending on the manufacturer) that wraps around the throttle.
You basically just lean your hand on it to hold the throttle steady. Maybe $10.00

Last edited:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site

They also make (forgot the name), a piece (plastic or rubber depending on the manufacturer) that wraps around the throttle.
You basically just lean your hand on it to hold the throttle steady. Maybe $10.00

Cramp-Buster is the word you're looking for.. I used one while traveling on freeways across the U.S. It was great for that, but was cumbersome when we got off the freeways.. and needed to modulate the throttle a little more.

I installed Bike-Master heated grips this spring.. They're a bit thicker and more comfortable. Well worth the $50 they cost!!!

The only downfall to a thicker grip is that it increases the distance your hand has to twist to go to wide-open-throttle.... so when youre spanking on it a bit, you have to twist more.. which can get annoying.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the grip puppies but they were a little too thick for my liking, I've got smallish hands, medium gloves.
I have progrip 714's on both my FZ6 and my DR350 and I like them, they are slightly thicker than the stock ones and more cushioned.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have grip puppies on my fz1 and not sure I like them. A little too thick. I had these on my fz6 and loved them. Very comfortable and really cut down on the vibes. Only downside is you had to cut a hole in the end to install on your handlebar.

Road/Street Grips - Oury Grip USA

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to use a neoprene sleeving material thatwas similar to grip puppies. it was cheap but effective although it absorbed water like a sponge.
Then I discovered these:
Original Grip Buddies

Their product is as good as the web site describes. The service and communication is really good and the grips are long lasting
simple to install and good in wet/dry weather.

the clutch side wears a little faster than throttle side due to grip shifting. probably about two on the clutch to one on the throttle.
I have changed the clutch side once after 18 months and will wait til theend of the upcoming summer before changing both.
I too have HVMP bar ends for cutting vibes. I can't say I feel any now

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I have one of these made by Throttle Rocker, used to use one made by Cramp Buster. Only problem is they don't work well with the Grip Puppies, as they're designed for stock size grips.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I have covers similar to grip puppies (and these DO absorb water). And I have an early version made of RUBBER, similar design, that wraps around the throttle (more forgiving than the throttle rocker).