The return of the Commodore 64

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Commodore 64 was my first computer. I spent hours tinkering with it back in the day and still miss the primitive but fun 8-bit games it ran.

Well, Commodore has been resurrected and they are releasing a Commodore 64 that is a PC in the original style C64 case. It also will run your old C64 programs via emulation.

It's not a powerhouse, but cool just the same. :thumbup:

Commodore USA

Well tickle my 8bit 6502 with a Panther Assembler cartridge! :rof:
Where did I store those 5-1/2 inch floppies! :eek:
Oh snap! I dug a little too deep and found my 8 track player!! "Strangers in the night..what were the chances"
Mr. Peabody and his Wayback machine!

very cool, never had a commodore but an all in one keyboard-desktop-pc looks really cool...This is almost like the Imac. All in one desktop computer as a keyboard instead of a screen.

The Commodore 64 was my first computer. I spent hours tinkering with it back in the day and still miss the primitive but fun 8-bit games it ran.

Well, Commodore has been resurrected and they are releasing a Commodore 64 that is a PC in the original style C64 case. It also will run your old C64 programs via emulation.

It's not a powerhouse, but cool just the same. :thumbup:

Commodore USA

You're old.

Well tickle my 8bit 6502 with a Panther Assembler cartridge! :rof:
Where did I store those 5-1/2 inch floppies! :eek:
Oh snap! I dug a little too deep and found my 8 track player!! "Strangers in the night..what were the chances"
Mr. Peabody and his Wayback machine!

You're old.

No he isn't! LMAO! :rockon:

Meh, the common man uses Commodores. True computer aficionados ran with Ataris. More expensive, maybe, but a much more elegant and integrated interface. :Flip: :Flip: :Flip:

:BLAA:

I still have my IBM XT---the advanced model with a 10MB hard disc (didn't have to boot with floppies). Of course, these were super computers compared to the Commodore 64. I don't know why I'm hanging on to it. Maybe in 1,000 years it'll really be a collector's item.

Meh, the common man uses Commodores. True computer aficionados ran with Ataris. More expensive, maybe, but a much more elegant and integrated interface. :Flip: :Flip: :Flip:

:BLAA:

I had a friend with an Atari and I played Star Raiders on it. Great game.

I still have my IBM XT---the advanced model with a 10MB hard disc (didn't have to boot with floppies). Of course, these were super computers compared to the Commodore 64. I don't know why I'm hanging on to it. Maybe in 1,000 years it'll really be a collector's item.

That was a supercomputer compared to everything else that was out there! My first PC compatible was a Compaq Plus. It was a portable...4.77 MHz 8088 cpu, 10 MB hard disk, 5.25 floppy drive, green monitor. I added a VGA card so I could get a color monitor. Fancy!

Compaq I Portable computer

Last edited:
You're old.

:rof:

The furthest I can go back was my old 486. Ah, the DOS days! Glad they're long gone, that was a pain in the rear to game with. :spank: Dang, I remember when 300MB hard drives were HUGE. Oh! And 4x cd burners! Man, those were so FAST back then! And anyone remember when you could run two Voodoo 2 vid cards in parallel?! We've come quite a long ways, haven't we?

Last edited:
1/2 the forum are too young to even know what a C64 is .... :eek:

I'm not :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me either... That machine was my introduction to computers. I spent countless hours dumpster diving outside of my uncle's electronics shop as a kid scavenging parts to fix mine, the data tape deck, and my fat boy floppy drive.

I learned Basic at eight years old on the 64. Wrote countless text based choose your own adventure style games and Dungeons & Dragons rip offs. Got in trouble so many times with that thing...

Then one day I found a 128 in the dumpster that had a bad cap on the mobo.... The light pen with that thing blew my mind.... My dad got PISSED when I cut up a coffee table in an attempt to mount the tv in a flat position to draw better...

That lasted me all the way until my Packard Bell Pentium 66mhz machine (scavenged as well)... And from there it was a flurry of part/case upgrades...

Radio Shack TRS80. Z80 8 bit processor with 16M clock rate and 4K of RAM. Programs/data were stored/loaded via audio cassette tape. Got it used for $500.

1/2 the forum are too young to even know what a C64 is .... :eek:
And 7/8ths of the forum are too young to remember punchcards. Oughta spank you damn whippersnappers with my sliderule! :spank: :Flip:

;) :D

Back