The Love that keeps showing up

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dammit.

As most of you know I bought a 1200gs beemer 3 years ago, and have been trying (half-heartedly) to sell my '07 fizzer for the last two. Last fall my next door neighbor's kid really wanted to buy my bike, but didn't have the money. He and his dad asked if I'd keep it for them until this spring; I agreed (probably wouldn't find a buyer from November on, anyway), then smelled the gas leak early this spring. Dealership never called me about the problem (corroded gas tank, on another post) and by the time I got that $900 repair done, next-door-neighbors had bought a Yamaha Star.

Okay, whining Off. A couple folks at work wanted to see Fizzer, so I rode it into work today. And rode it to lunch and back. And rode Her home. I really don't want to sell Her, again! I really need to, I can ride my beemer (Her name is Pig) 8 hours or so before getting Atrophy-Butt, I can barely ride the FZ an hour now (I have an arthritic 37" inseam), and really like to tour the state on weekends.
But Fizzer is so much fun to ride, for a short time. Ogden Canyon is a hoot, the carving, the acceleration, the stopping! I can afford the insurance and licensing for two bikes, but I just don't have the room (especially in the winter when I have to move everything to get the snowblower out).
I guess I'm not asking for any help or advice here, just needed to whine a bit. Wish they made an FZ-6 about 25% bigger...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so I liked the fact that you have two bikes and disliked that you have to sell the fizzer, I agree it would be nice if the 6 were a little bigger but its not a major major problem

anyway good luck with whichever way you end up going

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great to hear that you still get some joy from your FZ6, but on the other hand shame that you have to get rid of it.
A real PITA that you had to repair your BMW, despite the large fan club I've seen more broken down BMW's than any other bike :eek:
Also a pain that you kept your bike for that guy and he went out and bought another one instead.
Good luck selling your FZ6 Botch :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd personally be doing a major garage clean up / garage sale and make room for both...

Once you sell that FZ, their really hard to find again. (I've never seen another in my entire county).
And you know the FZ won't bleed you with maintenance costs. Another seat may help with longer rides.

If need be, park the snow blower outside, under cover, (maybe a small shed).
Put items you don't use often in the attic, etc..

In my 20' x 20' garage, I can (and have) had 2 SUV's, an FJR, a KLR and G0ldwing (along with a self propelled mower and generator) in the garage.(NOT counting the work bench, 25 gallon air compressor, W&D as well.) Chipper/shredder and second generator are outside (under cover).

For years, I liked to have two bikes, should one break, I have a spare. Now, just the FZ. Unless I pick up a nail, I'm not worried about
a break down at all (just one bike now), and a plug in the tire will do until I get a new tire installed...

Below, if interested, uses a BMW lock(re-keyed to fit your ignition key). I have them in silver or black.

Double click to enlarge:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For some reason, the movie quote "Ah just can't quit you" came to mind. Blah

Now you've done it.... Gary Allan, He can't quit her....
Listen...
[video=youtube;Yf_7d9VaYyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf_7d9VaYyk[/video]
Blah :spank: