The FZ6 is no longer offered for 2010

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely a shame as this is a great bike and I miss mine daily... but that new FZ8 looks pretty damn sweet if they were to ever bring that to the states.

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely a shame as this is a great bike and I miss mine daily... but that new FZ8 looks pretty damn sweet if they were to ever bring that to the states.

That pic is a fake, all Yamaha have done is reserve the name FZ8.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That pic is a fake, all Yamaha have done is reserve the name FZ8.

I put money on the fact this bike turns up in showrooms within 2 years..makes perfect sense! Why else would Yamaha bring out the lower spec XJ6, FZ6R...if they were not going to replace the FZ6 with a logical replacement, when the FZ6 has sold in truckloads in Europe...their biggest market of all!

:rockon:

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
I put money on the fact this bike turns up in showrooms within 2 years..makes perfect sense! Why else would Yamaha bring out the lower spec XJ6, FZ6R...if they were not going to replace the FZ6 with a logical replacement, when the FZ6 has sold in truckloads in Europe...their biggest market of all!

:rockon:

Yup, the FZ6 (Fazer and naked) is everywhere over here in Europe. Already seen quite a few of the new XJ6's as well. It looks so much better as a naked XJ6 than the fully-faired FZ6R (which we don't get in Europe) in my opinion. Just such a shame about the lack of HP!

One of the most popular bikes here in France is the Kawasaki Z750 which an FZ8 would be perfectly poised to compete with!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh man. This is not cool. How in the hell they are going to replace our beautiful bikes, and replace it with FZ6R. Not Fair..Not Fair...:(

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My guess is Yamaha has thinned down the lineup to cope with the bad economy. Guess I'll hold onto my 09 until the government comes out with the cash-for-FZ6s program. :D

But they did this year. I don't recall the specifics but for a period of time this winter and spring, Uncle Sugar will give you a nice fat tax deduction if you bought a new motorcycle. It was about $1,500 or so.

And of course I bought my new Buell 10 days before the program was announced! Maybe I can use some white out on my receipt and submit it???:rolleyes:

javahaxxor

Reaction score
Visit site
2. Yamaha likely wanted to offer more differentiation between the FZ6(R) and R6. The FZ6 is capable of pulling some prospective R6 owners, whereas the FZ6R is further from being a perfomance bike and closer to being a beginner bike.
Possible, I chose the FZ6 S2 over the R6. Not much less performance, better allround, and most important cheaper insurance.
But why would Yamaha introduce an FZ8,if not to replace the FZ1 AND the FZ6 ? Sure Kawasaki has both the Z750 and the Z1000, but I can't help wondering if Yamaha is trying to replace more than one model.

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, the FZ6 (Fazer and naked) is everywhere over here in Europe. Already seen quite a few of the new XJ6's as well. It looks so much better as a naked XJ6 than the fully-faired FZ6R (which we don't get in Europe) in my opinion. Just such a shame about the lack of HP!

One of the most popular bikes here in France is the Kawasaki Z750 which an FZ8 would be perfectly poised to compete with!
That is a very good point!! The FZ8 makes perfect sense to battle with the Z750...the only thing IMO that makes for slower FZ6 sales in the U.S. is the fact that it is detuned compared to the R6...... if the FZ8 has more power than the R6 ,and is cheaper and more comfortable to ride I would think it would be a big seller her in the American market.... :rockon: :D

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 still flies with it's 10 year run. That should be a record of sorts for a standard bike. So they brought back the gold forks and gold rims. I like the gold forks but not the rims. blacked out parts was a good step.

The FZ6 was and excellent bike with modern components like aluminum swingarm, CFD no-weld frame. Instead of that primitive FZ6R they could have offered the FZ6TE which comes with fairings. I see yamaha's sales and profits plummet even more compared to previous deficit of 68%

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Why is everybody so upset?

I got mine. You got yours. Nobody else wants one. Sounds like a happy world (or least a happy North America.)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
If they can keep the same torq then they can drop the FZ1 and use the motogp 800 cc engine in the FZ8. i doubt so. FZ1 has a distinct identity in terms of Sport Touring and performance balance. They'd rather come out with a R8 just like Kawi is about to do so.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP............This is my first bike, and Im riding her till she's dead. By that time something beautiful will exist that will make me drool and I will fall in love all over again. Im not worried, Im just glad I bought a motorcycle while the FZ6 was manufactured...It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

All hail the FZ6..She had a good run

fz6-yamaha.jpg