The difference between this site and others

I joined an Irish biker forum. Now I'm fairly broad-minded really, don't mind a bit of earthy language here and there, but holy ***ing ****, that place is just filthy. No swear filter, so people feel they have to swear monotonously and repeatedly at every opportunity.

It's a bit like being in Australia :D

(We love you really.)
It's St Patricks Day today, not Let's Bag An Aussie Day!..... :D

:spank::spank::spank:

Well after buying the XL thou i obviously joined a suitable forum ..in this case varadero UK.

whilst browsing the "introduce yourself" section i came across this .

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and was just wondering where/if can I upload some pics of my Varadero to let you guys see it Smiley

Thanks

These were the first two replys

Most people on here have seen one. Have you got a sister?

Never mind your sister. I see that you are 17 - so what about your grandmother! Wink

I actually found this very funny but what a way to greet a new member :eek: even if it was said as a joke

I think ill stick around here

Okay, do you have any pictures of your mom? :sinister:

lol i just realized nelly is from ireland.....not australia. tricky irishman....must had hid his identity posting in the local australian forums to throw us off the trail for his lucky charms....

lol i just realized nelly is from ireland.....not australia. tricky irishman....must had hid his identity posting in the local australian forums to throw us off the trail for his lucky charms....

Wrong again my freind..he is actually an Englishman posing as Irish..lol

Okay, do you have any pictures of your mom? :sinister:

If those replys were made at me instead of the poor noob that just wanted to share his excitment, i'd have laughed, and then crashed their site uploading my whole family tree for the dirty old letches to oggle at. :Flip:

I don't know what really sets us apart from the rest of the world. I've been on three other forums as I had 3 other brands and makes, and they all treat you like a little 3 year old and talk down to you as if you are a moron.

On this site, it is like one big neighbourhood where we all own the same bike and get along. We can ask any question and not be belittled to the point our feelings are hurt, and get an answer along with many good ideas and advice. Our admin team rocks, and the many cultures make it a fun place to chat and hang out.

And whether you be Irish (or posing), Canadian, English or Australian, we all should speak the same damn language but no one can understand each other. I swear I need a dictionary to even pry into conversations. :D

Wrong again my freind..he is actually an Englishman posing as Irish..lol

Actually an Englishman, raised by a Welsh mam, now living in Ireland.

PS My rugger shirt has always been red (no white allowed in the house lol).

Nelly

good man :thumbup: although going by this years performance i think i would be tempted to don the emerald shirt...im 3rd gen irish on both sides of my familly...maybe i should go back to my roots :D

although going by this years performance i think i would be tempted to don the emerald shirt...

I'm wearing mine now :D

100% made in Ireland here. O'Dowd goes back a way.

In the late 10th century, their king was named Aedh Ua Dubhda (Hugh O'Dooda). He is recorded as having 'died an untroubled death' in the year 982, making this surname one of the oldest in Europe.

I've been on the web since approx. 1993 and I have to tell you, this is the best forum I have ever belonged to. Had some good experiences on some of the car enthusiast sites (old cars) but none come close to the sense of community we have going here.

When researching what bike I wanted to buy this forum provided all the information I needed. I flat out refused to get an FZ1 because of the rude treatment I received on one of the FZ1 forums (not our sister site).

good man :thumbup: although going by this years performance i think i would be tempted to don the emerald shirt...im 3rd gen irish on both sides of my familly...maybe i should go back to my roots :D
Don't you even jest at that one!

Your blood is red not green, don't forget that.

NEVER FORGET YOUR WELSH!

:)

Don't you even jest at that one!

Your blood is red not green, don't forget that.

NEVER FORGET YOUR WELSH!

:)

I think I've forgotten my Welsh:eek:.

Or did I misread that some how. You know how hard us Aussie's are to understand.....especially the English ones who are actually Welsh ones pretending to be Irish ones when all along they just wanna be a Wallaby:BLAA:.

Hey what's this 5% stuff?...lol. Surely there's more of us on here than that. Always seems to be 8 or 9 Aussies on at any one time....lol.:D

I think I've forgotten my Welsh:eek:.

Or did I misread that some how. You know how hard us Aussie's are to understand.....especially the English ones who are actually Welsh ones pretending to be Irish ones when all along they just wanna be a Wallaby:BLAA:.

Hey what's this 5% stuff?...lol. Surely there's more of us on here than that. Always seems to be 8 or 9 Aussies on at any one time....lol.:D

No spelling mistakes - play on words. Actually an old Welsh Bitter advert (see - got alcohol into another post :iconbeer: ) :D:D

I've been on the web since approx. 1993 and I have to tell you, this is the best forum I have ever belonged to. Had some good experiences on some of the car enthusiast sites (old cars) but none come close to the sense of community we have going here.

When researching what bike I wanted to buy this forum provided all the information I needed. I flat out refused to get an FZ1 because of the rude treatment I received on one of the FZ1 forums (not our sister site).
I agree with you, I was going to get a Suzuki until I came to this site.

Nelly

By my reckoning's, there are only about 50 Aussies on here, and about 20 of us that are "active"...it's just the 20 of us Aussies that do frequent this joint, just never shut up!!!!!

It is not uncommon for 5 Aussie's to be in the Top 10 posters of a week...

:rockon:

By my reckoning's, there are only about 50 Aussies on here, and about 20 of us that are "active"...it's just the 20 of us Aussies that do frequent this joint, just never shut up!!!!!

It is not uncommon for 5 Aussie's to be in the Top 10 posters of a week...

:rockon:
I got it yesterday, again..... ;)

Back