TB Sync - a diff kind of manometer

Jorosv

Reaction score
Visit site
So guys let's start with this, I have access to 4 manometers of this kind like in the video, what do you think, would it work on our TBs? Haven't done a TB sync and it is due(vibrations everywhere and I already fixed the spark plug caps)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0qf11BOx6o]How to sync carbs on a motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
If it works with a soda bottle home made manometer it should work with the one in the video!

Just follow the regular procedure...

A member made this video which is very good:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmLwyAPMBLI]How to synchronize your throttle bodies. - YouTube[/ame]

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it works with a soda bottle home made manometer it should work with the one in the video!

Just follow the regular procedure...

A member made this video which is very good:

How to synchronize your throttle bodies. - YouTube

Very good and accurate video however the color bike is INACCURATE:spank:, BLUE is the fastest....:thumbup:

I would only add, to put a shop fan (the larger the better) in front of the engine/header as it will get hot very quickly. This will allow for a little more time to super fine tune, especially at 4K RPM's. :thumbup:

*Just as a side note, IMHO, I have and use the Morgan Carbtune for several years:
http://www.carbtune.com/ It does NOT use any fluids(SS slides), so you don't have to be concerned about sucking fluids into your engine what so ever. It is extremly well made and the price is camparable to the MotionPro should you go shopping.. :)

Its paid for itself many times over (just after the first time as Yamaha charges well over $100)

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Like Scott i own the Morgan Carbtune and can also confirm hat it really is worth buying!

It pays for itself after one use, and if you are going to do it every service you might as well own the correct tool...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How often/mileage should T/b be sync'ed?

It should be in your owners manual.

I did mine at about 5,000 miles as it had a nasty vibration coming the seat at 4K RPM's... Did a very fine tune, (especially at 4,000 RPM's) got rid of 90% of it. (almost sold the bike over it).

I've done other members bikes with 20,000+ miles on the clock (first time) and they were still within sync spec's (just fine tuned them and got them closer than the 10mm allowance by Yamaha).

If you have the tank up, doing other maintainance, it doesn't take long to do..

I wrote myself a "cheat sheet" which screw (on the sync block) goes to which cyclinder, and what direction turning the screw increases or decreases the level...