Tank Pad placement

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Curious as to where, those of you who have tank pads, place them. Specifically the amount of space between the base of your seat and upwards. I'm planning on putting mine about 3 inches above the seat so the whole pad its flat on the gas tank. My reasoning being that this is where a zipper would hit from a jacket when laying forward.
I see some people start them right at the base of their seat. But I never have a zipper that's going to rub there and I think it looks better the other way.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Tech Spec pads and love them.

The side panels fit perfect.

As for the rear, I bought from them a generic and trimmed it to fit my needs. I didn't want it high up on the tank, my jacket isn't near the tank. I believe it is the "snake skin"(top of the line)

Highly recommended product.

The rear pad and side pad;

Last edited:

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Well... I always had mine like these and worked well, not a single scratch on the tank:

Yamaha Thundercat:
DSCF3384.jpg

Honda Deauville:
DSCF2153.JPG

Yamaha Fazer (before crash):
IMG_20140926_172534.jpg

Yamaha Fazer (after crash):
IMG_20150321_142359.jpg

Hope it helps.

"V"

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. Your tank pads look great. I wanted to have it higher to cover up a chip but I think it's just to high up. This is where I'm thinking of placing it now, maybe a tad lower. Hopefully it will make the chip less noticeable (to me)
20150708_234323.jpg

Last edited:

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Progrip - same as mine! Don't care how cheap it is in the end, at least it works!

Whereabouts in Canada are you located?

Love the ProGrip! And it IS cheap. So cheap I bought another one and placed it about an inch lower, lol.
I'm in Halifax!14366924507881210096299.jpg

Last edited: