T-Rex sliders arrived, problem?

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I received my T-Rex sliders today. I read somewhere before that they will send out the wrong size bolt (should be 100mm instead of 90mm). And sure enough I got the 90mm bolt. See attached pic. I emailed T-Rex and Oscar responded with this:

Hello
The posts in this forum are back in 08. They have since been updated. The bolts received will take care of your bike, we recommend you install them and tighten them BY HAND the first few turns first. The 100mm bolts will bottom out before you finish screwing them in. If you do the installation by hand you will not run into this problem, we have sold many kits since. If you would like call me at 972 243 7868 and you can do the install with me over the phone to see the turn out.

Thanks,
Oscar..

Should I go ahead and install it? Anybody just got their TRex, which size bolt did they send you?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of T-Rex sliders in February of this year and then another set (after testing out the first set when my bike got knocked over) in April. I didn't measure the size of the bolts but I had no problem with the installation either time. But I was careful to get the bolts installed as far as I could by hand until I finished tightening them down with a wrench.
Hope this helps. :D

darkstofknightz

Reaction score
Visit site
I would assume if hes giving you a legit number and telling you to call while your doing it......then hes pretty confident in the product they sent you. Imho install away.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I got another email from Oscar:

The inside measurement of the puck has been changed. What i will do What I will is send you the 2 longer bolts so you can try them out. To see if you like them better. You will still need to start the bolts on your bike by hand and do not over torque them as you will strip your threads if you do. Start screwing them in by hand then take it from there.

I will ship the longer bolts to you today. Try the original ones first, you will not strip the threads if you do it by hand. If it becomes difficult to screw in then stop and call us.

Thanks,
Oscar..

Now this is good customer service. I've heard many good story about this company & Oscar. I have little or no doubt now that the product will work as advertised. It makes sense if they changed the inside measurement that the bolt they sent originally will work. A+.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Like others have said, I installed them problem free on my 08. They worked exactly as advertised and the directions were very clear. If you run into any more problems post up and we'll work it out.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
It would probably have been faster just to go put the bolt in and see? if it only threads twice, get longer bolts.
That is the issue with the interwebz; Not everyone knows what they're talking about when handing out advice..

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
You want about 1.5 X the diamiter of the bolt or better in the threaded hole.

I don't recal exactly what size bolt it was but I'm thinking it is a 12 mm x 1.5 pitch. That means you want 18 mm threaded in. (or a bit more) the 1.5 pitch is the number of threads per mm. So if you have 1.5/mm threads over 18 mm, you should be getting @ 27 turns to get it 18 mm into the threaded hole. (It may be a 1.25 pitch. that would be 22 turns)