T-Rex Frame Sliders $23.20

I too got my T-Rex sliders on the 31st :rockon: it was a little new year's day project to install them. went very very quickly.

since several previous posters noted different bolt lengths i eyeballed them before proceeding. decided to use the washer that T-Rex provided and the washer that came out of the stock engine bolts as well. Didn't have any problems.

For the money they seem made alright... I didn't care for the little T-Rex sticker around them so I peeled that off of both sliders. The aluminum insert didn't appear to be deburred as FZ6erFSR noted. probably be a good idea to check for any shavings before installing.

Remember there are 3 kinds of "tight"

Tight
Really Tight
"German Tight"

You want German tight most of the time. In case you are wondering, German tight is "Goodentight"

(no you really don't want it that tight I just wanted to use that joke)

I got mine in the mail about a week ago. I'm down here at college which means I don't have access to my garage or any of my tools. I guess it'll be a while before I get to install them.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I hope they work out for everybody.

I got mine in the mail about a week ago. I'm down here at college which means I don't have access to my garage or any of my tools. I guess it'll be a while before I get to install them.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I hope they work out for everybody.

only thing i needed to install them was a bit of blue locktite and the right sized hex wrench (8mm)

I'd have used a torque wrench if I had one but then I'd have had to use a 8mm hex socket which I didn't have either. I've got a decent idea of how much torque i'm using by hand.

really easy and simple job. instructions are well written.

Back