Sydney siders....?

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Putting wheel back on last night tightening the bolts for the rear brake caliper and the rearmost bolt snapped! I was using a tension wrench set at the torque specified in the manual. but it still went. managed to get the threaded part out, rang sydney city about a new bolt- $27 and 3 weeks for the one bolt! I'm going to try and see if it can get replaced on warranty tommorrow. Meanwhile good old zip ties are doing the holding in place and i'm taking the rear brake lever of so I can't use it!
Anyway Sunday 6th sounds good. Spread the word!

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
Putting wheel back on last night tightening the bolts for the rear brake caliper and the rearmost bolt snapped! I was using a tension wrench set at the torque specified in the manual. but it still went. managed to get the threaded part out, rang sydney city about a new bolt- $27 and 3 weeks for the one bolt! I'm going to try and see if it can get replaced on warranty tommorrow. Meanwhile good old zip ties are doing the holding in place and i'm taking the rear brake lever of so I can't use it!
Anyway Sunday 6th sounds good. Spread the word!

oh sh!t.

un cool.

try these ppl.

they may have the bolt you require...

addy

Reaction score
Visit site
This weekend or the following is good for me. After that i'm out of sydney for a while. And I plug tyres too. Bugger buying another after just 700kms.

Anyway, where is a good place to meet up?

addy

Reaction score
Visit site
After the bolt and the plugging its going to be almost the same as a new tyre cost :O!

Cost the same nearly? you serious? How? I got a pluggin kit. Granted it is suppose to be for car tyres. But I just claim ignorance and do it anyway.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the plug job cost him $38 and the new bolt that was broken was another $27 to replace, plus all the running around he probably had to do, would be pretty comparable to just buying a new tyre :D Depends how you value your time and your money though

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't ordered the $27 bolt yet. ringing around wreckers and going to a few fastening places today to see if I can get one cheaper (or free). rear tire was over $200 (closer to 300 I think) so it is still cheaper so far.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
yamaha-rear brake caliper bolt-$27 and 3 weeks wait
southern fastenings @ kirrawee-same bolt but stronger-$2 straightaway! Sydney motorcycle wreckers and flywheel motorcycles in alexandria both said they would have given it free if they had it in stock.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see you got one in a timely fashion and a good price then :p
Suprised it wasn't covered by warranty there must have been something wrong with the bolt for it to have just snapped like that, did you get the new one on okay?
Hope there wasn't any damage to the threading

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
It probably was covered under warranty, but as it is my main means of getting to work I couldn't afford to be waiting weeks for a bolt (i had the caliper on with a bolt at the front and zip ties at the back) I might still see if I can get another bolt on warranty. The one I bought went in perfect.