Sydney Rides

Amdy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I am new on here just wanted to say hi and I am proud to be a FZ6S owner and apart of this grate community :thumbup:.

I also wanted to see if there are any Sydney riders here that know of good places to ride to, i have made the trip to Nowra 2 hours down south as i own a house there but looking for grate places to travel to and perhaps post pics of the trips for the bunch of friends that are thinking of getting a bike to show them what there missing out on.

Cheers all and ride safe

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I am new on here just wanted to say hi and I am proud to be a FZ6S owner and apart of this grate community :thumbup:.

I also wanted to see if there are any Sydney riders here that know of good places to ride to, i have made the trip to Nowra 2 hours down south as i own a house there but looking for grate places to travel to and perhaps post pics of the trips for the bunch of friends that are thinking of getting a bike to show them what there missing out on.

Cheers all and ride safe

There has been a few sydneysiders on here, but at the moment, we only have a couple that are active right now.

Welcome, and post lots.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Im in Newcastle mate & dont get down to Sydney much. Plenty of good roads north & north west if you have already had a run south.

Try the Old Pacific Hwy from Berowra to Somersby then head to Wollombi via Kulnura. From there you can head to the Putty Rd & back to Sydney via Wilborforce.

For a longer loop start at the Sydney end of the Putty & head to Lithgow via Denman, Bylong & Rylstone. From Lithgow head home via the Bells Line Of Rd.

Google maps is your friend. Let me know if your heading up this way & I will try for a leave pass :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum mate :thumbup: I just searched the members list & there are 3 pages of Sydney based members , OK some havent logged in for a while but that is possibly because there was no active ride threads :don'tknow: If you want to try get this going send them all a PM & stir the interest , if you dont I will :D

Amdy

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know if your heading up this way & I will try for a leave pass :thumbup:
Absolutely, my parents are building a house in Toronto and they just need to put the tiles in and it will be finished round 2 weeks, ill come up once its done and spend the weekend riding allover Newcastle.

Sith Lord said:
My bike came from Sydney, if that counts? I'm in Canberra. I'll meet you halfway!

haven't been to Canberra before aside from school trips back in the day I will def do this some time

Humperdinkel said:
If you want to try get this going send them all a PM & stir the interest , if you dont I will

Looks like i will have to there is a motorbike interest group starting in my area ill see if i cant get a NSW Fizz group going once it starts

Cheers all for your replies and ride safe!:thumbup:

hamwedges

Reaction score
Visit site
Royal National Park is good, although can get busy (Loftus > ~Woolongong)

+1 on the Wollombi Rd

Old Pacific Highway is a good one if you've got half a day (Hornsby>Gosford)

The other weekend i did Sydney>Richmond>Lithgow>Jenolan Caves>Oberon>Goulburn>Sydney. Massive ride, great fun

Macquarie Pass is awesome (Albion Park Rail>Moss Vale) This should be handy for you if you're spending time down in the Illawarra

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely, my parents are building a house in Toronto and they just need to put the tiles in and it will be finished round 2 weeks, ill come up once its done and spend the weekend riding allover Newcastle.

Sweet. Not sure if I will be up for a ride in next few weeks. My missus is 38 weeks pregnant so I will have my hands full:eek:

From Toronto head to Wollombi via Freemans Waterhole & Sandy Creek Rd.

Send me a pm when you head up & I will see if I can slip away for a few hours.

Also check www.nswrats.com for more rides & track day info in NSW & Sydney :thumbup:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the good ones have been covered.:thumbup:Not sure which way you go to Nowra,but the back way is an awesome ride(macquarie pass,kangaroo valley,barengary & camberwarra mtns)Dunno were in Sydney you are but you might be able to fit the Natio in at the start.;)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Wisemens Ferry can be a nice ride too particularly early in the mornings before it gets busy of a weekend.

Old Pacific Highway is fun, but I find all the people overtaking me on the wrong side of the road doing like 150km/h a bit disconcerting sometimes :p

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
When's her due date?

Sorry, off topic :spank:

According to the ultra sound she is due on 14th but I reckon it will be sooner!

Everyone from Sydney ok? A few mates went up the Old Rd yesterday & came across a FZ6 snapped in half.... Seriously the front end on one side of the rd & the rest of the bike was spread all over the other side of the rd. Bad news......

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes thats crazy! I'm certainly ok, hopefully the rest of the NSW fizzers are ok too!

Didn't see a single FZ6 at the Speed Festival on the weekend, was a bit disapointed, although I did get a lift there in a car so I couldn't complain too much!

Amdy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys sorry i been heaps buys trying to get my house rented.

now that it is finally done i can get back to the fun things in life :D

first of all because it way over due @ Dunno congrats bout little one

also thx to every one that replied i will more than likely be hitting the Old Pacific Highway and route to orange during my holidays which starts on the 27th :rockon:

hope you all have a good Easter
and as always ride safe :thumbup:

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
through royal national park down the coast to wooloongong then highway to Berry, up Kangaroo Valley rd to illawarra highway - up and down the maquarie pass a couple of times then back up to sydney. Just moving to wooloongong so mac pass will be 20 mins away. Won't go there this weekend due to pigs doing double demerit thing and I only have 4 points left:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
through royal national park down the coast to wooloongong then highway to Berry, up Kangaroo Valley rd to illawarra highway - up and down the maquarie pass a couple of times then back up to sydney. Just moving to wooloongong so mac pass will be 20 mins away. Won't go there this weekend due to pigs doing double demerit thing and I only have 4 points left:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Only 4 points left already :eek: Or didn't tthey give them all back to start with?:spank: