switched to synthetic oil

chau

Reaction score
Visit site
After 1300 miles during the second service, used the mobil-1 10w-40 synthetic oil. There seems to be a significant difference between mineral oil vs synthetic. Engine seems way smooth, first few miles during a cold start are much more nicer.

Just couldn't stop myself from sharing this observation, it defintely makes it more fun to ride!!!!!

BTW, I get 50miles/gallon (mostly freeway rides), with how smooth engine is running, feel like my mileage would jump up, what you folks think?

BTW, (just can't resist to say more ;), I did the oil change in < 15 mins while the first took nearly an hour :p

Regards,
Chau

Don't mind the lack of posts. Oil threads....

Pretty much everyone here uses syn.

The energy saving or fuel conserving auto syn has anti-friction additives that may affect your clutch operation.

You should use a JASO-MA conforming syn but an auto syn without the above should be fine.

As is usually said in all these threads, it is all a matter of personal preferrence.

If you don't torque your oil filter, make sure you snug it good, a least 3/4 to 1 turn after the seal seats.

I used Castrol Syntec on my past bike all the time and it was excellent. I haven't changed my FZ6 yet (bought it used), and I already have some Yamalube in the garage, but I think in future I'll be using Syntec.

Back