Swing-Arm Stickers

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure that many will agree that the stickers on the swing-arm provide useful information, but that Yamaha should have found a less conspicuous location to stick them. There have been several discussion regarding their removal, and I've been planning to remove mine. As was suggested in one of the threads, I took some digital pictures prior to removal to preserve the information. The information on the stickers is available elsewhere, and you can buy these stickers from Yamaha, but, if you took yours off and would like to print copies to keep for reference or tape to a better location on the bike, here they are. The tire sticker probably applies to all years, but the emission info/tune up spec sticker may only apply to 49-state 2007 models (probably applies to 2008 49-state models). Enjoy!

milo

Reaction score
Visit site
i was thinking about this yesterday while i was swabbing goo gone on the tank sticker. thanks for putting a further thought into my head. think i'll either copy your pic, or take one of my own, print it out and tape it to the underside of the seat or into the front cover of the owner's manual.

omg...just had a scary image of self as a regular ole Heloise.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What you could do is peel them off and stick them inside of your owners manual.

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, the tank sticker was a PITA to get off, and I ended up using WD-40, (weasel-piss,) to get all of the adhesive off.

I can't imagine the swingarm stickers being any easier; once you get the clear top sticker off, you're left with the worst part: removing the actual pronted part and adhesive. Probably no way to restick them in your manual.

Better to take a digital photo or just order them for under the seat or another place.

I'm leaving mines, but I like not having a ghey orange sticker warning people about helmet and protective clothing on my gas tank.

Don't punish me for some other lawsuit-happy idiot!
:)

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I found the swingarm stickers dead easy to get off compared to the tank stickers. Another tip I learned from offroading is to use Pledge - the citrus agent in it works a treat and won't damage the paint.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
It is a felony to remove the tank sticker. Those of you that have done this mod the best thing to do is turn yourself in to federal authorities. Then, maybe, they'll go easy on you.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found the swingarm stickers dead easy to get off compared to the tank stickers. Another tip I learned from offroading is to use Pledge - the citrus agent in it works a treat and won't damage the paint.

I agree. With the 100 degree heat we've had recently they peeled off in one neat piece. :thumbup:

The fairing ones come off easily too in the summer heat.

Goo Gone works well too for cleaning off any left over sticky stuff.

Oh BTW...the tank sticker removal my very first mod.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When reading this I was thinking that I didn't have a tank sticker. I had to go look. Now it's time for it to come off.

What about the frame sticker on the right side, anyone take that off? It does have you VIN on it though.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When reading this I was thinking that I didn't have a tank sticker. I had to go look. Now it's time for it to come off.

What about the frame sticker on the right side, anyone take that off? It does have you VIN on it though.

Your VIN is stamped onto the headtube of your frame. Mine is long gone.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Like Pete says, the VIN is on the steering head tube, but there is other info on it that might be pertinent, so, I plan to take a picture and peel away!
Note - I think someone reported that they could not register their bike because the previous owner removed that particular sticker. I think I'll take the risk.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Hellgate on this one. Swingarm stickers came off in single pieces, plastic front and all. Quick story as I was peeling them off i stuck just a portion of it to the tire so I could mount them on my original bill of sale. My wife, ever helpful as she is starts balling up the stickers. "you want me to throws these away?" what ? "These Stickers" AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Those stickers are so durable I unfolded them stuck them to my bill of sale and order was restored in the world. :rockon: Oh yeah no solvents needed. For what its worth Zaino makes and excellent product that got all my goo off and I got a polish out of it at the same time.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Hellgate on this one. Swingarm stickers came off in single pieces, plastic front and all. Quick story as I was peeling them off i stuck just a portion of it to the tire so I could mount them on my original bill of sale. My wife, ever helpful as she is starts balling up the stickers. "you want me to throws these away?" what ? "These Stickers" AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Those stickers are so durable I unfolded them stuck them to my bill of sale and order was restored in the world. :rockon: Oh yeah no solvents needed. For what its worth Zaino makes and excellent product that got all my goo off and I got a polish out of it at the same time.

Me askes, what be this "Zaino"??? Inquiring minds what to know. Is it a East Coast thing???