Stator case

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking to buy a new case for the stator but I could find just the stator, does it come with the case? I cant see it on any of the bike diagrams. Just any info would be helpful, im trying to fix my bike from a rough crash and Im trying to do it all myself. SO im new anything would help. Thanks!!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
You should be able to find the stator cover from folks like Ron Ayers and others. I think there may be aftermarket suppliers like Woodcraft who make them as well. They come without the stator which you would have to remove from the old case and put on the new case.

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a stator cover that I can sell to you. You'd need to get a gasket for it tho. PM if you're interested.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking to buy a new case for the stator but I could find just the stator, does it come with the case? I cant see it on any of the bike diagrams. Just any info would be helpful, im trying to fix my bike from a rough crash and Im trying to do it all myself. SO im new anything would help. Thanks!!

No, they don't come together... Yamaha RARELY sells anything as a set, ie, to rebuild a water pump, you have to purchase each part separatly..

Cover:

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2005 FZ6 - FZ6ST CRANKCASE COVER 1 Diagram

Stator:

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2005 FZ6 - FZ6ST GENERATOR Diagram

Also, when swapping the cover, Yamaha usually uses some HD locktite and I believe torx screws that are usually quite tight..

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Would a simple drill work because they are on way tight. Thanks for all the replies. How much are aftermarket cases? I found one for 60 from yamaha

IMO, I'd stick with an OEM case. There's fairly critical clearances in there, I wouldn't cut corners buying a cheap chinese knock off that may have issues after assembly...

If your concerned about future damage, they make Tip Over Guards and another company makes guards that actually wrap around the cover.

If you alread have the cover off, as long as the cover is held tight (maybe with a helper) and you use a high quality tool, it should come out without too much difficulty.

But yes, you can drill the heads off (they shouldn't be super hardened) but you'll need some new bolts.

I'd definitly replace the side gasket, its cheap enough and you don't to have to do it again should it leak..

Please post your results. :Sport:

Last edited: