Sta-bil botch-up

Vikingj

Minnesota Viking Fan
Reaction score
Visit site
I was getting ready to put her away for the winter when something really weird happened. Part of my procedure for storage is to add Stabil to the gas after filling it to the top. As I read the direction on the bottle, I determined two ounces was the correct amount and removed the cap. As I poured the bottle,I
saw the white paper cover that fits in the cap fall in the gas tank, floating for two or three seconds then sink. NOW WHAT?:confused:

fenderfreek

Reaction score
Visit site
You can do one of two things: either drain the tank and fish it out later, or go ahead and do it now. You'll have to get it out at some point so it doesn't block the pickup, and there's only one good way to do it.

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks! Silly slip ups and problems like that annoy me to no end! Good luck getting that thing outta there!

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Drain the tank, and why are you winterizing already? We have a good month of riding to do yet! My fiance and I put on 238 miles today going down to Pine Bluff for the Slimy Crud Run!!

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck getting it out.:BLAA: Just a word of caution, when removing the fuel pump on my tank I noticed that the floater gets caught up when you have the pump half way out and has to be unclipped before you can remove the whole thing. If you yank on it, it will damage the floater so be careful!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I vote remove it, too. Sooner rather than later as it might dissolve and then would be no end of trouble with filters and injectors......

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd use a marine fuel primer bulb and hose to drain the gas tank into an auxilary tank.

Once empty, you should be able to pick it out.

Worse case scenerio, once the tanks about empty, pull it off, flip it over and get it out with the help of gravity, an air compressor or shop vac.

Make sure the shop vac itself is some distance away for safety reasons...